ThunderCats are back ...in parody form!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by Dr_SLUMP, May 18, 2018.

1. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Moleman

This is major derailment here, but let's be clear about this - white men are very privileged. If you don't think so, you simply haven't come to terms with reality or bothered to notice how things go for non-whites still in 2018 in America. Your post itself shows your privilege because you felt free to post it as part of the majority position. Take one look at government and the makeup of it. It's 90% white men. Then think of the gross incompetence of how a lot of government things work. Do you really think these men are all there because they are the best men? If they are all the best men, we are doomed as a species, I promise you that. They aren't the best men, surely there are some great ones, but a majority of them are there because circumstance allowed them to be. Otherwise government would reflect the population percentage more closely, which it doesn't at all.

This isn't to say white people can't find themselves in difficulties, they do. But they almost always have an edge when it comes to almost everything. It's a problem we must come to terms with if we are to be a union. Because like it or not, we are always stronger together. If you choose to be divided rather than find ways to come together and solve serious deficiencies in our society, you choose a path that leads to humanity being void.

ButterflyBoy and thezaxfactor like this.
  2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

This is a thread about cartoons, can we leave the politics for an appropriate area of the site, or out completely. This bollocks saturates every corner of the internet, and I just want to read people's thoughts on Thundercats. Thanks.

mumm_ra_n_rana and balgus82 like this.
  3. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Source?

4. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

Dude, don't post racist things here. You're not going to gain any points by bashing people of a certain skin color. I hope a mod removes your post because it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation.

On the subject of the new show. i mean could they have at least let cheetara have her old hair style? why give her the butch hairstyle?

5. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

My finger's been on the mod trigger for the past few posts, but not Cheetoro's, which was actually quite a cogent reply. Offensive rambling about how terrible women are and categorically denigrating people based on their sexual orientation/appearance is not okay. Let's keep the conversation cordial, please, and ThunderCats-focused. Otherwise, girl bye.

ButterflyBoy likes this.
  6. mumm_ra_n_rana

but it's okay to bash white men?

7. thezaxfactor

I'm a white man. I also acknowledge that I have enjoyed certain privileges or advantages as a result. I found Cheetoro's response to be quite equanimous—it doesn't wound me to acknowledge reality, nor do I consider it bashing or personally offensive.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't find Mandora's depicition to be any more or less caricaturish than any of the others we've seen. As I've said before, I'll reserve judgement of her treatment as a character until the series has actually aired.

8. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Has anybody seen any fan art based on ThunderCats Roar?

9. mumm_ra_n_rana

the only fanart it gets is people bashing it.

10. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

TCR will work fine if it was short videos clips of a more serious cartoon, like you have the real show, and just for fun, you share those funny clips on the channel´s web site or the dvd´s, something like that was done for the TMNT series years ago. But anyway, we can´t stop that, so...

11. Coptur

Coptur Active Member

the cartoon looks horrid.
    I don't post often and i do like this site and i'm disgusted that the anti white comment was not modded and then protected by said mod. DISGUSTED!!!

12. thezaxfactor

That would be me. Were you not equally bothered that I chose not to mod mumm_ra_n_rana's insulting generalization about gay women, or ExelArts bonkers anti-feminist rant? I really wanted to, but I didn't.

I'm sorry my choice disgusted you, but my attitude toward modding is honestly very permissive. I don't think silencing people is particularly productive, especially when there's bias involved and people are primed to take up pitchforks against one another—it winds up smelling like favoritist censorship, which has no place in reasoned modding. If it's not a malicious personal attack, I'm probably going to let it stand, with the suggestion that we maybe please get back on topic please.

13. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

"Protected"? Are you ill? As moderators we hope our ADULT members can be trusted to stay on topic and not attack eachother on every minor GD thing, let alone skin color, race or sexual orientation. As thezaxfactor said, we try to let members work it out and will intervene when necessary.
    I advice everybody to be respectful and if you want to have a discussion about anything other than ThunderCats [Roar] I suggest you take your business elsewhere.

ButterflyBoy and thezaxfactor like this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Thundercats Roar has been compared to the new Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.
    I recently watched the first few episodes of ROTTMNT cartoon and I am really not impressed by it at all.
    The animation was quite nice...but that is about the only nice thing I can say about it.
    The animation designs, characters and writing were really terrible. Each episode is just more a cluster of (nicely animated) action sequences with no real story to it.
    There is nothing interesting or unique character wise about each turtle other tan their looks...aside from that they all have pretty much the same personality.
    I can't help but think that Thundercats Roar will be pretty much the same as ROTTMNT.

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  15. Coptur

Coptur Active Member

I did have an argument and wanted let rip as I detest racism of any kind but no. You're both right this is TCats forum and it should be fun.

Hope you all have a good weekend and get excited about any Powercon news!!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  16. PKELL

PKELL Barbarian

My sister gave me her two cents about Thundercats Roar.

"They don't even look like cats! They look like goblins!"

And that about sums it up.

I don't necessarily mind doing a comedy based Thundercats show, but it is quite telling that nobody seemed to think the trailer was funny. It didn't look funny or clever, and it certainly didn't look visually interesting. It just looked like a randomly slapped together mess.

17. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Just found this image on Google at random. I prefer these designs to what we're getting.

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Booshman all of those designs look a lot better.