ThunderCats are back ...in parody form!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by Dr_SLUMP, May 18, 2018.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

They definitely look ThunderCats Roar-ish. I think the artist did great in capturing their feline quality.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Recently, screenings of Thundercats Roar have been taking place. So there is a good chance there will be some news about it in the upcoming weeks as to when it will debut.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  3. Daremonger

This is one of the new Warner Bros.-licensed San Diego Comic-Con designs I saw on Twitter:

[​IMG]

4. tone

tone Active Member

Here's my issue: the technical quality of the art is shit tier.
    Ok, let's accept this illustration as a clear parody and maybe even a middle finger to those wanting a return to the classic. Let's leave aside the merits or accuracy of that perspective. Let's just pretend we don't know a thing about ThunderCats and just look at this art.

This is margin doodles quality. If there are reference models and notes for this, I would pay money to see them. There is no apparent guideline being used for proportionality, perspective, or consistency in style from character to character or even in the same character. Look at the hands of each character, just the hands of Tygra vs the hands of Wilykat. How about Cheetara's left arm vs her right arm.

I'm not even mad, just perplexed and wondering how reasonable people don't see this.

5. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Where / when have these screenings happened, and in what context? Curious to know more about what you've heard exactly.

---

There is likely to be an announcement of some sort at SDCC this week, given that the bags are being handed out as swag. I'm hearing rumblings that there was supposed to be a toy line announcement too but that is likely to be delayed.

By the way I just saw this video for the first time yesterday on instagram, so the tall black guy (Chris Jai Alex) is voicing Panthro, and it looks like this is the team in the studio.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjxlzk-nXJ8/

6. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I could really see LJN toys doing a new Thundercats line!:panthro

7. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0EjkhiFRlb/

Post from the voice of Panthro to instagram. Seems that another voice actor is (maybe) doing Snarf and this was an out take of sorts. The guy speaking is Dana Snyder, you can see the rest of the cast and the producer (Courtwright) on the outside of the sound room.

From a voice acting perspective it's cool to see them all in the same sound room (or a bunch of them) because a lot of modern cartoons have people "dial it in" or get filmed solo where they don't have the same chance to build the rapport in the room and react to each other. The original 80s version had all the voice cast in the same recording room and Larry Kenney spoke about how much he preferred that setup.

Wilycub likes this.
  8. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

9. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Isn’t that Jim Meskimen standing, with the headphones above his ears?

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  10. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

June 11th I believe screenings were given to cast and crew of the show and they were shown the first few episodes of the completed show. There were also screenings held later in June on the Warner Lot for industry people and people that worked on the show in some aspect to view the episodes. Jim Meskimen was in attendance to the early screening and informed people that it would be debuting soon on Cartoon Network.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019 at 4:38 AM
  11. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

yes, that is Jim Meskimen. I believe he is voicing one of the mutants or possibly even snarf. He hasnt announced which publicly but one of his posts on his IG account of Thundercats Roar stickers that incluuded Lion-O, Panthro Snarf, Tygra, Slythe, Monkian, Jackalman, and Vultureman he said that "i haven't been on a sticker since i was Dr. Swatch." Process of elimination would say he is one of the mutants or snarf.

12. Daremonger

That's so hilarious! :laugh

13. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Fun Fact: Jim Meskimen and Larry Kenney are the only two actors that worked on all three versions of Thundercats!:panthro

Cap'n Cracka and Daremonger like this.
  14. Daremonger

That's totally true. Mr. Meskimen was a secondary character designer for the original ThunderCats.