ThunderCats at Comic Con

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

So there are some whispers in the wind that there is going to be some news about something ThunderCats related at San Diego Comic Con July 9th - 12th.

From what I've been able to gather, it is not about a new movie or show. That's all I know at the moment.

So if any of you are going to be at SDCC this year keep your eyes peeled and report back to us ASAP!

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Oh man you've got my hopes up now. I am really yearning for some good news about my beloved Thundercats!!

3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

New Toys maybe?

4. Mark / Grizzlor

Is anybody from the boards attending SDCC?

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Unfortunately I am across the country and will not be able to attend. The news you are hearing is not related to the Mezco Tygra correct?

6. Mark / Grizzlor

Confirmed that it is something other than the Mezco Tygra news.

7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Hopefully someone acquires the license to make 80's action figures...what do you think the news could be?

8. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

It is indeed. Mattel is making a new 6" Classics line. People are already reporting on it. Apparently they're in scale with the MOTU classics figures too.

9. Claudus

Claudus Junior Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm happy for this. I hope Mattel's forthcoming "ThunderCats" line sells well. :D

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

This is amazing news! Even better than I hoped for! :D:thumbsup:

12. Daremonger

I can't believe this is really happening. We're ACTUALLY getting to see "ThunderCats" action figures and not just statues.

13. Luckineko

Luckineko Junior Member

I was expecting a comic continuation of the 2011 reboot

Great more classic toylines,
    I was expecting a comic continuation project of the 2011 reboot!
    Because I really wanted to know if our heroes find the soul stone,
    Lion-o Finds true love, appearances of the Warrior Maidens, the lunataks
    Mandora, and Mumm-rana, discovery of el Dara, and the final battle!
    But it looks like it's never gonna happen..:(

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  14. Daremonger

Maybe if Mattel's "ThunderCats Classic" line is successful enough, they'll do a "ThunderCats 2011" line.

15. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I think it's possible. Afterall Mattel has made some of the "New Adventures" He-Man characters to go along with their classics line.

16. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I wonder if Mattel has the rights to make SilverHawks and Tigersharks as well?

I know someone will ask that a similar question to the Matty Collector panel tomorrow?

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be pretty cool. I am a big fan of both the classic and 201X designs and think it would be great to get both!

18. Daremonger

I know, right? :3

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well New Adventures was just a continuation of the Filmation cartoon but they did make figures and are doing a stand alone sub for the 200X MOTU figures. Personally I cant say I would want newer versions of the 2011 Thundercats figures but that's just me.

20. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Where do we discuss this new line ?:liono