ThunderCats at New York Toy Fair!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Feb 3, 2011.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

He seems clearly excited as well! like he gonna exclusively play with those toys in the greenroom or something :p

2. Mint Condition

Mint Condition Junior Member

I think that's more of a problem on your side dude. I've never had a single problem with TNI.
    Merged Post:
    To anyone who was at Toy Fair or who just happens to know, did they give a release date for the figures? There was no date on the plaques or anything. Also, did they mention making more characters in the 6 inch and 8 inch lines?

For once I can not WAIT to give Bandai my money! :D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  3. Lilith

Lilith Active Member

Thank you for posting that. The toys look like a lot of fun. Kids are really going to dig them.

4. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

The toys look HORRIBLE. This whole new T-Cats relaunch seems like one big trainwreck. I'm done with optimism, I don't like TCATS2011 and I will not be supporting it.

5. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Probably you don't realise that they are aimed towards children born in the 00s.

Only the classics series is for adults... and yeah, Tygra's head looks weird. But you can't really complain, they are absolutely true to the original series.

6. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

Any word on classic Mumm-Ra?

7. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Get out of here you miserable get, Lol... Every thread your hating on it.. Lol...:p

I dont understand why your hating these when they are still very close to the originals, and then liking that other trash clip, lol.. Are you saying you dont even like the original line?

I think they are superb ... :thumbsup:

8. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Just a Public Service Announcement here, watch the hostilities. Everyone has the right to their opinions, just avoid name calling and other things that provoke flame wars.:lionomad:

I don't think anyone has crossed the line, yet. But I'd rather not see it happen in the first place.

9. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Bandai + Thundercats = Epic Win

Wow, Bandai have done an amazing job on the Thundercats.:thumbsup:
    I liked them before but now after seeing Grune and Mumm Ra etc i am so amazed.
    I seen the Transformers, G.i. Joe etc but Bandai have stole show in my opinion.
    Even with the 4 Horsemen I don't think Mattel could have done as good a job. Take note Mattel / Horsemen people like figures to e able to hold the swords with both hands.
    The 4" are as good as the 6" and classics are soooooo good. I will be buying almost everything :liono
    Mattel's MOTU and Ghostbusters displays were a real let down, wish a better company would make some good Ghostbusters toys.
    Anyway yeah the Thundercats are AWESOME! :D

11. lostdwarf

lostdwarf Vortex Explorer

Did anyone else pick up on the light up eyes on snark.
    (in snarf voice) Lion-O my eyes, they glow snarf snarf

So far I love the new Snarf, ive always loved Snarf mainly because I have his voice down perfect. I just wish I knew who to contact to do voice input for him. I can do a lot of voices, its a gift I possess, I just don't know how to get myself out there known.

12. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Very cool video! So the figure we thought was Ssslithe is actually one of his Reptillian men! I'm so happy that isn't Ssslithe himself :)

Also sounds like there is more to come, so perhaps we will see more at SDCC when this stuff starts launching :)

13. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I thought the video said his eyes would not light up.

You could always take that video of the guy showing Snarf interacting with the ThunderTank and dub your voice in and post it on YouTube. If it becomes a popularly watched clip, WB will see it.

(in Snarf voice) I don't have my license yet, Snarf. I can't drive this thing, Snarf Snarf. (guy shows pod firing feature) Oh no! I shot Lion-O's pod off, Snarf Snarf. Now I'll never stop this blasted machine, Snarf.

14. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

The classics Tygra figure is the best looking by far. I hope they fix Lion-o before hes officially released, theres just something wrong about him..his legs are too skinny and the color scheme is a little off. I hope we get all the characters for the classics line, a wilykit and wilykat 2-pack would be nice.

I find all that techie stuff with the 4-inch line very 'kiddie'. The 6 inch deluxe Panthro doesnt look bad though.

15. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I agree 100%. The MOTUC were very lacklustre and a real let down. I can honestly see that line ending before we get The Sorceress. Though hopefully she will be out in 2012, so we will hopefully see her at SDCC.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't collect MOTUC, I loved the 200x figures. Wish Mattel made the un-produced characters in the old 200x style instead of stactions and MOTUC. :mad:

But I have my collection of the MOTU 200X characters already, who cares Thundercats all the way LOL.

17. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

That video is AMAZING! I love the magnet feature! Way cooler than the chip technology used in the MOTU 200X series! I like how Lion-O goes into his ThunderCats Hoo! pose when he is on the stand!

I am sooo sold! :thumbsup:

18. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

Thanks for the video :). I'm anxious to see the actual animation video now, I'm surprised no one captured it with their phone-cam :confused:.

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree MOTU 200X has got nohing on the new Bandai Thundercats.........but then again, MOTU was never as good as Thundercats in anyway. :liono

20. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

You welcome! Can you guys imagine Toy R Us stores around Christmas time? Its gonna be like the "Jingle All The Way" movie :p