ThunderCats at New York Toy Fair!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

O I hope not :(, I wish supplies meet the demand.

2. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Ill be there with a huge wod.... Early morn.. Lol

3. egoing

egoing Junior Member

I just watched the video with the bandai marketing director. The packaging are mock ups and will be illustrated by the animators. The Tower of Omens it seems is not a mobile command center, but a static playset. It looked a little sparse, perhaps a cardboard back drop will fill it out.

4. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed?

5. nickat

nickat New Member

Attached Files:

6. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Repost ;)...............

7. I am so excited over these I cant wait!!! :thumbsup:

8. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

9. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

i think all these look so cool, and i love the interactivity aspect of them all. I just cant wait to get my hands on these and play with them. I know i will be 30 next year but, tbh i dont care, just soooo excited right now, and i know for a fact that the comics and collectables shop near my parents will be stocking them, they told me so on twitter. which is great cause i can get them to get some for me for christmas, lol.

That is of course if i dont buy any before then :thumbsup:

10. neisan18

neisan18 Moleman

It doesn't seem to be working?

11. ASOE!

ASOE! Junior Member

That rep is good at sticking to the script. He's never faltered in any video I've seen.

Can someone please sneak a video of what's playing on the flat screen? There's gotta be a bunch of info there. You could hear it near the beginning of the Pop Culture Network's second video.

Also, I am still wondering if the holes (e.g. near winged Mumm-Ra's chest symbol) on the 4" will be gone in the final run.

12. neisan18

neisan18 Moleman

Albert Lawrence is wearing an AWESOME looking tshirt in that official video...from what I can see of it.. does anybody know if it's available to purchase online?

13. I was wondering the same thing. I did see a t-shirt company partnered with WB studios to offer up two new Thundercats t-shirts recently, but neither one was that shirt. Neither of the two most prominant 80s t-shirt sites online have that shirt last I saw.

www.80stees.com

www.stylinonline

However, I suspect that shirt will be making its way online to order sometime soon.

Edit - just checked a few more sites and no dice. Pretty sure it isn't available yet, but I would also suspect you'll see it up for order soon.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  14. Snake-Eyes

Snake-Eyes Junior Member

Man.... The classics are the ones I'm interested in the most; LION-O and TYGRA look AWESOME! I hope BANDAI continue with them and release the whole gang. ;)

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Most likely the New Thundercats wave will hit every aspect of the market, including clothing. I am eagerly waiting for an upcoming Thundercats Video game.

16. neisan18

neisan18 Moleman

Thanks Grune! I appreciate you checking for me!

I want that shirt so bad that I E-mailed Albert directly.
    I'll let you know his reply :)

Oh and a video game would be just great! finger's crossed!
    Cheers everyone!!

17. PaulNomad

PaulNomad Junior Member

Pics for you if you didn't catch them when they launched yesterday. Tried my best to get them posted ASAP for the most loyal of TCats forums! I don't think I could have possibly taken more pics than this. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnomad/sets/72157626064208950/

P.S. they are all water marked so feel free to repost anywhere u like.

18. oICEMANo

oICEMANo Junior Member

Meh, Im still not feeling the look of these new TCats... the toys dont get me excited either.
    The Classic figures of Lion-O and Tygra look amazing though.

19. elkkthunder

elkkthunder Junior Member

20. Poe Ghostal

Poe Ghostal New Member

Greetings all! First-time poster here...I just wanted to drop by and give you a link to my own coverage of the Thundercats line at Toy Fair: http://www.poeghostal.com/2011/02/toy-fair-2011-thundercats-bandai.html

I really think Bandai has a winner here. They seem to be doing everything right; the only question now is whether the kids will latch on to Thundercats.