ThunderCats Bandai Toys: Do You Like Them NOW?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Will You Be Supporting Bandai's New ThunderCats Line?

1. Yes, I like what I see!

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No, I don't like it.

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Not sure yet. Still need to see more.

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Bring back LJN toys!

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. A lot of my opinion on the new show's 4" line is reserved for exactly what the Thunder Lynx system does.

Also, if they can stick a magnet in the back of the figs, why couldn't they have stuck one in Lion-O's hip, and another on the Claw Shield of the Classic 8" Lion-O to attach it to the hip that way instead of the awkward blue piece that's just sticking out like a sore thumb???

2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I have to agree that after watching the latest Videos and especially the Classic Lion-o has tipped the balance to 'Yes i like what i see' for me too!:liono:thumbsup:

Something we haven't discussed so far though and it would be good to hear the opinion of the fans, Do you like the Cardbacks of the New Toyline?
    Generally do you approve the whole packaging, Blister and Card back?

For a 13 year old probably it means nothing, i remember when i was a kid i used to tear off the bubble throw it away and didn't matter to me at all. But from a Collector's perspective the packing and the overall visual presentation is important! We want them Mint On (an impressive) Card

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  3. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I think it might be a bit premature to discuss the packaging right now, as I believe it's been mentioned by Bandai that the packaging that was on display isn't final.

4. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the info Blackie. I don't remember reading this though!
    However, i am not implying the packaging isn't up to par, on the contrary, i believe they are quite good . Still, as you said i can't say now if its better or worse than LJN's.

5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

One change that I would absolutely make on the packaging is instead of having a Lion-O on every single card (that looks more realistic than he should) they should have a drawing of the character in the style of the show. Make it so Kids recognize the picture of the character.

Or if they keep the picture of Lion-O next to the Thundercats label they could use that HUGE bit of empty space behind the toy to have a drawing of them there.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  6. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

I look forward to this line as well as the classics, I definitely gotta get my hands on the Tower of Omens. I am also liking the magnet affect, it is reminiscent of the Starcom days.

7. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

I'm fairly positive that in one of the videos they mentioned that the packing art is not final and will be changed by release.

8. Here's some images from Entertainment Earth of some of the lines

4" deluxe line wave 1

[​IMG]

6" line wave 1

[​IMG]

Lion-O and Tygra Classics

[​IMG]

Looks like Grune will have some archery skills too. Pretty cool they left the arrow and bow as separate pieces so you can put your own string in it. Wonder if he can hold the arrow properly tho.

9. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

Oh man those are all awesome! My poor wallet is screaming already.

10. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

Yeah this is gonna be crazy. I wanna liquidate as much crap as I have to fund this barrage of awesome toys! I really don't know which size to collect, so I'm honestly going to go for them all. You got me Bandai. When is the expected release date for these? June right?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  11. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I'm looking forward to get my hands on that Mumm-Ra...

When is the realease date of these figures at the stores? :thumbsup::liono