ThunderCats Classic by Super7

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

So Super7 finally confirmed they have the ThunderCats license. The reveal will be on Monday 12th August, before PowerCon. Are you excited? What do you expect to see? The image used to announce it shows a somewhat updated sword, claw shield and glowing eyes which can only mean the rumours of the Ultimate Lion-O is true. What do you think will be revealed as the first wave? Jaga, Grune and 2 others or perhaps 4 totally new ones?

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This is great news. :D The clawshield and sword on the original release were not great.
    I hope Super 7 do some Ultimate re-releases of the Mattel figures correcting the issues.
    As for the first wave I hope they get Cheetara or Tygra (hopefully both) along with Jaga and Grune.

The All American and Sebastiaan like this.
  3. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

Saw the news and now I’ll be back on this website now waiting for Monday!!!
    I just hope the packaging will be like the originals not in stupid boxes like Mattel’s.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Junior Member

Really happy for this... I hope I have enough fund for this if it is really Thundercats Classic, surely and will definitely look nice together with MOTU Classics. Hope they retain Mattel packaging for consistency. For those who wanted packaging favoring vintage LJN Thundercats, maybe Super7 can use that design if an "Ultimate" re-releasd is on their plan.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Crabman

The optimal situation in my mind is LJN style packing, but in a box like Mattel's. This gives collectors the opportunity to store in the boxes, which I always prefer. I'm OK with Mattel's packaging, but it didn't wow me. A little too generic from the front, almost like a KO.

I'm excited to see what happens on Monday, and discussing something real again. Congrats to Super7. May this be a long and fruitful venture.

6. jbrannock1

jbrannock1 Junior Member

Anyone here buy the Super7 MOTU? Was it a subscription fee and then you pay for the figures or did you just preorder the figures?

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I'm excited but I think we need 4 heroes and 4 villains for wave 1: No more Lion-O's right now lol:panthro

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

So, so happy that these guys are coming back!!!

I've bought MOTUC from Super& for a few years now, and (at least for MOTUC) you have to buy the full set of figures, and you pay upfront. Not ideal, but for T-cats I will do it!

I saw a rumor on He-man.org that both Cheetara and Tygra are included in this wave, and I really hope that's true. I'm also hoping for Mumm-ra the Everliving. My top wants, in order of want, are:

Cheetara
    Tygra
    Mumm-ra
    Monkian
    Slithe
    Ben-Gali
    Lynx-O
    Vulture Man
    Jaga
    Grune
    *And of course I want small Snarf and Ma-mutt figs thrown in there somewhere too.

Is it Monday yet?? I feel like a reverse Garfield...

9. Wes2882

Wes2882 Berbill

Oh, also heard that it was going to be 6 figures in the wave, but we shall see!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. The All American

The All American Junior Member

I think the first wave will be:
    1) Jaga
    2) Grune
    3) Spirit of Jaga
    4) Cheetara
    5) Monkian
    6) Mumm-Ra the Ever Living

I also think we'll hear about a ThunderCats Ultimates for previously released figures Mattel made. Lion-O definitely!

Mark M, Sword Breaker and Sebastiaan like this.
  11. Sebastiaan

2 Jagas?

12. motogp_fanatic

With these revitalised discussion and speculations, it is really happening. Thanks Brian and Super7.

Jaga and Grune was shown last year so I guess we can expect those two.

6 pcs wave? That's too much.
    4 pcs should be max per wave.

13. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I really want Super 7 to include Silverhawks and Tigersharks in this line!

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  14. motogp_fanatic

That is nice thought and not really impossible but i suggest we all enjoy the return of Thundercats for now.

T-Cat likes this.
  15. The All American

The All American Junior Member

Super7 loves mold reuse, and it would be a cost saving measure given all the new sculpts. Just a guess in my part.

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  16. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

I'm predicting a 4 figure wave of....

-Jaga
    -Grune
    -Tygra
    -Vulture Man
    -------------------
    :liono

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. 13977

13977 Junior Member

Excellent news to hear these are returning.

Yeah I think we'll get a normal Jaga and a Spirit of Jaga. Its a bit of a no brainer anyway and given how much S7 love their variants then I think its sure thing in this case. :)

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Super 7 know the Mattel figures were only available for a short time and the various issues.
    I expect Super 7 to release an Ultimate version or the updated Lion-O in the first wave. I would prefer the former.
    There is no way they would start a new toyline and not have the main hero easily available from the start for their customers.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Sebastiaan

Pixel Dan confirmed that Super7 will be restarting Classics. So likely no Ultimates, but new versions. Rumours also say the first wave will have 6 figures!

motogp_fanatic and Sword Breaker like this.
  20. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Crabman

Ugh, reboot. They better be sure they are going to get through the core cast. And they better be clearly better than the Mattel versions for anything redone. Let's see what they got.