ThunderCats Classic by Super7

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

It's hard to be patient. We still haven't really seen a new figure and it's been years now. The boards really haven't picked up because there isn't a whole lot to discuss and frankly, that's not the best sign. Hopefully December really starts to bring things into full swing, but we are not bursting out of the gate here.

Also I think we all agree we are very appreciative of any inside information and the interview, but I would suggest next time you don't say anything until you can post it. It's been weeks now anticipating this interview and if it takes that long to post a simple interview, best not to mention it lest it never get posted or be totally irrelevant by the time it is. All that has happened now is that it makes it look like S7 is completely inept - they gave an interview weeks ago, but still won't let it be posted. That really doesn't make a lot of logical sense. Much like all the back and forth and false hope on the license, the fact there is no TCats at NYCC, etc. It's confounding to me.

I don't want to be all negative, I want nothing more than for ThunderCats Classics to succeed. At the same time, I feel it is important to speak to the issues if they are there. If things go smoothly though and we get an amazing line of toys, I'll have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

My fear is that Mattel still has some involvement with the licence and perhaps end the line again like last time.
    Maybe Super 7 are getting the licence through Mattel or maybe Mattel don't want them releasing anymore Classics style figures on their MOTUC buck bodies...
    But not having anything new to show at NYCC was a real wasted opportunity and a bit troubling.
    Hasbro, Diamond Select, NECA, Mezco etc all had some pretty amazing stuff on show and announced....yet again Super 7 had nothing except for retro and vintage stuff.

3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

They were never going to show new stuff at NYCC. The interview will explain why. The license is directly with WB. Mattel is not involved. I appreciate your worry about the delay. Sometimes things happen beyond our control so until next time I’ll be sure to announce new interviews once final approval has been given.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  4. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

No harm, no foul. When you mentioned the interview, I'm sure you had no idea it was going to take as long as it has. Crap happens. :)
    -----------------
    :mummra

Sebastiaan likes this.
  5. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Well, you said it, poor QC, bad decisions, delays, wasted conventions without showing anything, make Super7 look like completely inept compared to other brands.
    I hope that the absence of BF is for something important and that the price increase improves the quality of the figures, I don't want more disappointments.

6. Sebastiaan

You won’t be disappointed!

7. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I absolutely hate the price increase, but I like the idea that now you can buy a single figure.
    -----------------
    :slithe

8. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

Super7 already posted at Powercon they have five waves of four Thundercats Classics figures for preorder in 2020. That's 16 more figures on top of the preorder that just ended. I get you and others want to know whos coming, I do too but sometimes Character Lineups change behind the scenes until finalized. I'm sure once super7 finalizes who they plan to offer in wave two they will announce it. Brian Flynn wants us excited for this line as he worked his butt off for us to get the Lic.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wish he hadn't bothered. Thundercats would be better off at Hasbro, DST or NECA.

10. Sebastiaan

I disagree purely because I prefer the buck they’re using. I never fancied many of the other styles.

11. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

I've never bought anything by S7 before, but it's eventually going to happen. They have too many properties I'm interested in.

Initially, I wrote the T-Cats off because of the higher price, but I think I can swing a few of them. Granted, it still makes me a little nervous because we've all heard bad QC stories.
    ----------------
    :panthro

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  12. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

If the designers aren't the Four Horsemen would not be worth it.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The sculptors at Hasbro, NECA, Mezco and DST are more than capable of sculpting every bit as good if not better than The Four Horsemen.

I have never been a big fan of the MOTUC buck It wasn't even up to industry standard at the time it was released 10 years ago.
    It lacks lots of articulation and a lot of the articulation is hindered, especially the hip joints.
    the proportions are also not very good. A lot of characters cannot be posed wielding weapons properly.
    I could even look past them keeping the buck if they at least updated it and improved it with some new parts.
    The Thundercats should be on unique individual sculpts that match the characters appearance in the cartoon rather than them all being the same build and height etc.
    @Sebastiaan you should have a look at the Marvel Legends, WWE Elite, Star Wars Black Series and Mezco One:12 bucks. All vastly superior in scale and articulation compared to the MOTUC buck.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Not really, for Thundercats The Four Horsemen are the best. There is no discussion on that, I'm sorry.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

We will have to disagree on that. I haven't seen any face sculpt by 4HM that Hasbro and NECA have not surpassed.
    More to the point, regardless of the 4HM sculpts the problem is Super 7's factory being able to produce the figures like the prototypes.
    Besides 4HM messed up Lion-O and Pumyra's face sculpts for the prototypes and had to change them to look more accurate.

16. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Crabman

Hmmm....it's a shame that T-Cats aren't like Ninja Turtles: Everybody gets a chance at the license! :laugh
    -----------------
    :mummra

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

They didn't messed up them, the line at the beginning would have a more Classics approach and less cartoon accurate just like MOTUC, then they changed course, due to people who disagreed.
    The Four Horsemen are the best in the industry and have always been passionate about making this line, they even wanted to get the license on their own, others don't deserve it and less Hasbro, their figures have always been horribles. Neither DST, its quality is garbage, I didn't buy The Real Ghostbusters for that reason, they screwed up the prototypes, unfortunately. Mezco would have redesigned them, for the modest sum of 80.00 USD each, without opportunities to launch a massive line, NECA maybe, but no.
    I love that ThunderCats matches with MOTUC, I would only update some joints, like to the Mythic Legions line, maintaining the Classics buck, that would be awesome. Super7 takes note.

18. Sebastiaan

What I really like about what 4H did with ThunderCats and Club Grayskull is the new wrist swivel. I know they’ve used it before but it became the norm with the lines I collect which I prefer. I love how they keep improving on the design like the new boob swivel introduced on females. I also approve of their choices to rather sculpt torsos (see Club Grayskull Chopper) that work better that way instead of making them bulkier by adding that sculpt as a vest. (I’m looking at you Sea Hawk!) Their Grune prototype shows both though so I’m still confused how that will play out but I won’t mind if it is covered up entirely. Their TMNT designs clearly show they are versatile so expect the varied designs of TC to be complimented and honoured.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  19. Sebastiaan

I own all of S7’s CG figures and all of Mattel’s too. There is a slight difference between the figures but I can promise you if you never owned Mattel’s you’d give no heed to those going on about QC. Sure there are minor paint issues, and at the start S7’s heads wouldn’t come off and things like that. I hear the same thing over and over again. But I can vouch for my satisfaction with their QC. I know that those who are used to the Mattel version expected the same. It ain’t and it will likely never be. I’m not saying one is better than the other. They are just different. My Teela is beautiful, my Sorceress and She-Ra too. Photos don’t do them justice and many moaned and shared photos but in hand it really is a different story. I recommend to rather judge for yourself in person and then make up your mind. I got scared stiff after that first wave got shown and reviewed. Then when I got it I thought what was all the fuss about? So don’t put that much heed into QC tales. Those who didn’t like it said so but some said they actually weren’t that bad after getting them. I am more than happy with what S7 can do and I will gladly support them. If something ends up wrong I will tell them in a nice way, and not go “end-of-the-world” on their you-know-whats.

Sword Breaker and motogp_fanatic like this.
  20. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

I would like them to develop an elbow and knee joint as in Mythic Legions, with no pins in sight, that would be a great improvement in the overall of the figures aesthetics. It doesn't seem to be something difficult to do.