ThunderCats Classic by Super7

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I guess I’m old fashioned as that makes it look a bit more, well, weird. But that’s just me. I like the way it is now. Personal taste only :thumbsup

mjw41 likes this.
  2. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

If you look, the prototypes of TC and TMNT don't have pins in sight, that detail makes them look fantastic, an important aesthetic improvement, hopefully they keep it.
    If they are upgrading to ULTIMATES they should offer some improvement IMO.
    [​IMG]

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Again that is a matter of opinion. 4HM female head sculpts have always been a bit lacking.
    Having owned Mattel's Ghostbusters and DST I can honestly say DST head sculpts for the vast majority were substantially superior to the laughable 4HM likenesses. The figures were also packed with loads of articulation and accessories and a lot better value for money. Of all the Ghostbusters figures I only had a couple with paint issues. They were better than Mattel's but I will admit they were not perfect.
    Thankfully Hasbro are taking over Ghostbusters so I suspect they will be releasing some amazing figures when the new movie gets released.
    Hasbro have really stepped up their game with Marvel Legends and Black series and the old MOTUC just doesn't compete.

The MOTUC buck needs a lot better articulation and some double jointed knees and elbows. Some butterfly joints in the shoulders would also be nice for better posing and holding their weapons. I really wish they could do away with those awful rubber groin pieces.

4. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

I only hope to have some small improvements, like the ones I mentioned in my other comments, without pins in sight, within the possibilities Super7 has.
    If you don't intend to buy the TC figures and you don't like anything, I still don't understand your interest here.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am a Thundercats fan and I haven't ruled out purchasing them entirely, same as TMNT and Conan. Like I have said before I have no great trust in Super 7 or faith in their products to hand over money via pre-order. I would rather see and know what I am buying.
    Hopefully Super 7 can provide a quality product, as I would like some great Thundercats. Although I still would like Thundercats not limited to the MOTUC buck....but they seem to be the only option.

And another thing I don't like your attitude with comments of "I still don't understand your interest here". You passed a similar remark to me on the He-Man.org TMNT forum. Quite frankly I don't understand why you are here along with some other He-Man.org members. This forum isn't what you are used to, a lot of members here actually enjoy engaging in conversations about toys. This isn't an echo chamber like He-Man.org to just praise 4 Horsemen, Super 7 and Brian Flynn.

6. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Frankly I don't see you enjoying, just annoying. I don't praise the FH or S7, I just say what I think.

7. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Junior Member

Same here.... Happy with my Super7 stuff.
    Not perfect yes, but so does other toy maker.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

mjw41 likes this.
  8. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Junior Member

Same here.... Happy with my Super7 stuff.
    Not perfect yes, but so does other toy maker.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes you did praise them. "INot really, for Thundercats The Four Horsemen are the best. There is no discussion on that, I'm sorry."
    There hasn't been much to enjoy with Thundercats since the LJN toys. Hopefully Super 7 can finally release good Thundercats toys.

Although I hear there is talk of a live action movie, so hopefully Hasbro can get the master licence for the movie and cartoon.

10. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Yes, it's what I think. I don't praise them, I appreciate the work they do.
    At this point the film is almost an urban myth, Hasbro will do nothing.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have doubts about the movie, same with the new MOTU movie.

12. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

The MOTU movie was always in early pre-production phases, Thundercats no, just fake news.

13. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

motogp_fanatic, mjw41 and tone like this.
  14. tone

tone Berbill

I'm VERY pleased with that post! This makes me excited for the final packaging.
    Before reading it, I was fine with the packaging revealed but more excited about a new fig.

Daremonger likes this.
  15. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

I never even considered that the T-Cats would have bios. This could be interesting.
    -----------------
    :mummra

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Daremonger likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Can't help but think it would have been better had Super 7 contacted someone from the Thundercats community to be involved in writing the bios.

Daremonger likes this.
  17. tone

tone Berbill

Well, it's good to have a professional writer (I assume that's her profession, I couldn't quite tell) involved but I don't like the wall of text layout they used for the MOTUC bios, nor the font, nor the scroll motif. So now I'm back to neutral on the packaging until I see what she does. I tried reading a few to reassure myself that, given her apparent schlock horror proclivities, the tone wasn't riddled with corny puns or whatever. None that I read were, so that's heartening.
    I'm sure she'll have reference material provided in abundance, but to your point, hopefully she will go an extra step and run them past a superfan.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I could be wrong on this but I don't believe she was responsible for the majority of the MOTUC bios. I believe that was Scott Neitlich but I could be wrong on that.
    I believe Penny took over when Super 7 got involved and did some bios for some of the later Matty figures that did not have a bio on the card.
    Running them past a fan more familiar with Thundercats would be a very good idea. Hopefully someone objective that wouldn't just approve anything they submitted.