ThunderCats Classic by Super7

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Guys, some photobash tweaks that I shared in another forum.

Tygra should've more precise colors and a better and more detailed head sculpt, I used the HH head sculpt here with some modifications, it seems to me a better representation, it doesn't necessarily have to be exactly this one, but it is a good direction IMO. The FH made the mane more similar to Bengali's and the color transition from the arms to his hands is very abrupt, I made a change too. I think that the sculpture of the torso also needs a revision, I made a small adjustment to his trapezoids that are too bulky and thinned his forearms.

In Mumm-ra I used the same armor torso sculpt for Grune, I think it's the most accurate that the 4H did if we compare it with the anatomy design (official animation guide). It's something very important that can be taken into consideration if we are still on time. I think it improves the aesthetics a lot and makes it even more accurate, I like it a lot, those wide abs are a bit out of place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

Sorry but that Tygra mock up looks horrible. The head is not cartoon accurate and looks angry. I will take Super7's 4H sculpted tygra head over your personal preference as that head you showed just doesn't fit Thundercats classics

As for Mumm-Ra he looks fine as is. He is much taller than the other figures and that looks to be an Ab crunch for him and by you giving him grunes look in your mock up it takes that away making his torso one solid piece. I think 4H and Super7 know what they are doing.

3. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

It doesn't have to be exactly that face, but a better one. It's only a example. I think this mockup is going in the right direction. S7 head sculpt definitely isn't accurate and the FH can improve it.
    The Mumm-ra torso is also not accurate and they can also improve it. We don't settle for something that can be perfectible.

Booshman likes this.
  4. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

I'm sorry I know that these are your personal preferences but you are not a toy sculptor and not a toy designer. I don't claim to be either. I will leave those jobs to the professional's in those fields the Four horsemen & Brian Flynn and his company Super7

5. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

You don't know that, you would be surprised. I'm not really based on personal preferences, the character animation guide and model sheets are there, you can check it out. I just want to contribute to obtain the best possible figures, I appreciate your interest.

Booshman likes this.
  6. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I like the hair on yours Baedal. I have shared your Tygra picture on IG and the most comments praise that look, albeit a bit angry for my liking. The hair is great though.

thezaxfactor and Baedal like this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Many companies have QC issues but none as consistent or numerous as Super 7.
    I actually quite like the Super 7 5,5" Filmation figures. But they should stick to Retro toys, not collectors toys as it is evident they struggle with them.
    I've yet to hear anyone ask Bandai Japan to revise their Soul of Chogokin or S.H. Figuarts figures. In fact with NECA, Hasbro, DST and numerous others I have yet to see any fans have to request barely any revisions.
    But then again most of those companies actually perfect the prototypes before they show them to their potential customers.

Probably. There isn't much point making a comment when certain memebers can't handle a bit of criticism and feedback.

8. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

Calling people 4H & Super7 cheerleaders on He-man.org this evening is not Criticism its you just not being able to behave yourself in a forum.
    You think your funny, but you're the only one. How sad.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If you heard some of my jokes you would think different.:laugh
    You should think of your own behaviour on He-Man.org.;)

10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Great modifications, my friend, especially with the Tygra heads. :)

Baedal likes this.
  11. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Thank you very much for sharing it Sebastiaan, I'm glad that it has been well received by people, we can all contribute so that Super7 and 4H give us the best figures within their possibilities. Could you share the Mumm-ra mockup too? It would be incredible if we could obtain the accurate torso of the "official show model sheet".

Regarding Tygra, I updated the images, tried to change the expression on his face for a more pleasant one, although in the show it is relatively serious.

[​IMG]

Sebastiaan, Daremonger and Booshman like this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Lots of discussion on Tygra all across the board. I’m happy to see that people are discussing ThunderCats again. Some heated arguments but seeing ThunderCats everywhere I frequent is a nice change to when there was not a peep a few months ago.

motogp_fanatic, Baedal and Daremonger like this.
  13. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Yes, that's true. Baedal's alternate Tygra head is pretty amazing.

Baedal likes this.
  14. tone

tone Moleman

not to interrupt the lively discussion, but can I get a list of these thundercat forums? I only know about this one and the pretty moribund FB groups.

15. Lionus

Lionus Junior Member

LOVE your Tygra modifications. If they apply those I’d be more than happy, I’d be excited.

Baedal likes this.
  16. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I can't help with your question, but good work on getting moribund in to a post.

17. tone

tone Moleman

well, I do try.
    Wait, you can't help me because you don't know of any?

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Correct, I don't know of any. Thundercats WS closed and anything on facebook I have no clue about since I don't use it. For dedicated Thundercats forums, this is it, as far as I know anyway.

tone likes this.
  19. tone

tone Moleman

This forum is great (even if none of you liked my snowsuit panthro - whatever, he's slaying it) - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any TC fan spaces. This forum taught me quite a few things and I couldn't have built my collection without it. I be here till after that Original Series re-master project is completed or till the heat death of the universe, whichever (kidding, I know that's an insane level of time/effort, the definition of a labor of love).

Anyway, don't let me further derail any bloodshed over pumyra's ears.

Booshman and Sebastiaan like this.
  20. krazycp

krazycp Junior Member

So wait, the Wave 2 figs don't ship until late 2020? When they said Winter 2020, I thought they meant this Winter.