ThunderCats Classic by Super7

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

LOL. :laugh:roflmao It's next winter and you will be lucky if they are even ready for then.

2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Now now, don’t start with this. Others might see it as fact. There’s no denying the current wave 4 CG is delayed 6 months since it was meant for release in June last year, but it’s 5 months really if you consider the EU clients already got theirs. I think S7 has allowed for extra time with all of the new orders.

mjw41 likes this.
  3. Sebastiaan

Your snow suit Panthro? I’m curious...

tone likes this.
  4. tone

tone Moleman

It's over in customs. The stitching is a little rougher than I'd like but it's pretty accurate to the show. I may have some clean up done on the vest but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it, especially as the first custom in my collection.

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Great job. Nice work on the stitching on the top.

tone likes this.
  6. tone

tone Moleman

Thanks, there are a couple flaws to it, but like I said, I'm pretty happy. I've always wished we had alternate outfits for the team (other than the ... um ... blended casuals in the pilot). That snowsuit was the only other outfit I could find in the episodes. Maybe I missed another time, but I don't think so.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  7. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Apparently Super7 used the bad Mattel's figure to make the new Lion-O and not the good 4Horsemen's prototype, unfortunately, because they were supposed to improve the issues.
    I feel very disappointed, I warned about this last August.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tone

tone Moleman

This is a newb question, so forgive me, but those prototypes don't look like they could work with that tight fitting? Isn't the gap the expectation of going to production molding? The prototype material is some sort of clay, correct? Versus the production models and the test shot material being plastic from a mold?
    Again, just trying to understand what's being said here.

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  9. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

It works and perfectly, just look at any MOTU Classics figure you have, you will see that they're identical to the prototype in that specific piece.

[​IMG]

tone likes this.
  10. gingaio

gingaio Active Member

In addition to this issue, it seems like Jackalman's calves are still reversed like they were on the Mattel version. Brian just posted test shots of both Lion-O and Jackalman here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7UE-T3HXum/
    Hopefully, there's enough time to make the fixes, and there are enough fans to let him know about these issues so that he considers addressing them.

11. Sebastiaan

Brian explained in the interview that the prototypes and production pieces will always differ. The reality is that what you see on the prototype is not always possible like this spacing issues on the prototypes. He added that on prototypes things are painted so much so that you can’t see the swivels and things you normally see with a produced figure even though they are there. It’s been proven time and time again by Mattel already when it comes to how production pieces end up so you shouldn’t be upset or let down that it turns out like this. I agree that the body shape looks better that way in the prototype but your above images just confirms that it is how the production changes things.

12. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Yes, I forgot to mention it, the calves are still inverted.

It's not about that, you can see it in the other example I posted, there are hundreds of Classics and none has that problem. I think S7 only took the Mattel's figure with bad proportions and copied it.
    It's really frustrating that at this point they aren't doing things well, just look at Jackalman's legs, more when they have been informed of this issues in social media by many people.

13. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

You said this just two pages ago, I guess that didn't last long :rolleyes:

motogp_fanatic likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Dealing with Super7 you should know not to take everything stated a fact.

Baedal and Booshman like this.
  15. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

jbrannock1 likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@mjw41 I am fully aware and remeber what I said. Unlike you I do not make comments then delete them. ;)
    We all understand you are a Super7 fan but it would be nice if you could post a comment that isn't defending Super7 or disming a valid criticism of their products.

Baedal likes this.
  17. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

Not a super7 "FAN" or "Cheeleader" Simply a satisfied customer supporting their Thundercats line.
    As for disming a valid criticism of their products.
    Mark M said:
    LOL. :laugh:roflmao It's next winter and you will be lucky if they are even ready for then. That doesn't fall under valid criticism but rather your dislike of Super7.

I also don't dismiss a valid criticism of their products, I just don't get anal about a resin sculpt that hasn't even been tooled yet. I'm all for bringing a valid criticism of their product to Brian & Super7's attention since Brian has stated in his two interviews they welcome our concerns if we see something because it may be something they overlooked. They already changed Tygras Colors and muscle based on polite messages from customers who want these figures to be at their best. I also think Super7 has finally found their groove with the making of 7 inch figures in the MOTUC buck structure because the William Stout figures turned out perfect and the positive buzz about that wave of figures is all over the internet.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I never said that was a valid criticism. That was a joke. I am sorry you can't appreciate a joke because it was about Super7's track record of not delivering products on schedule.
    The movie figures wave does look very good. I have not heard any major complaints about them. Its a shame it took them so long to get the hang of it. Hopefully they can produce all of their Ultimates to the same standard. I was at a time considering purchasing the movie figures but not now as I have since sold my MOTUC collection.

19. Baedal

Baedal Junior Member

Brian Flynn himself published an image of two test-shots, both with the same issues of Mattel's figures, that means that the tooling were already created erroneously, I don't know what else some want for recognize that error, we aren't talking about resin sculpt, on the contrary, the prototype was perfect and the test-shot went as badly as a figure that came out more than four years ago.

20. mjw41

mjw41 Active Member

Exactly what they are Test Shots. Company's that make toys get test shots in plastic from the factory so they can see the articulated figure and mark down any corrections that need to be made so the factory can implement them before going into production on the final product. Mattel got them, Four Horsemen get them and so does Super7. it doesn't mean those test shots are final, they were simply placed in the packaging to show us how the figures will come, Super7 even made that statement.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Sebastiaan likes this.