ThunderCats Classic by Super7

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by Sebastiaan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Hahaha, yeah yeah I know
    Ratar-O is a must for me too. And I think a nice Xmas prezzie could be Mandora and her bike!

2. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

I'm thinking the 'regular' figures will be 35 bucks, which is better, but still kind of steep. But if every figure is 45 a pop, I'm out, too. I just can't justify that.
    ------------------
    :panthro

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I want the main season 1 cast and some secondary characters. I do agree the price is a bit steep though for all they are...at least they have more accessories. With the TMNT figures, I will have to be selective. I only really want a few of the heroes and villains.

4. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I also expected to see some positivity in the forums that the line is finally continuing and they are committed to really getting into the characters, not just the main cast. I was also hoping to see some new stuff, but I'm glad they are getting the ultimates/rereleases out of the way and not intermixing them with new characters. They are obviously going to show something new at PowerCon, peoples' impatient hyper-serious aggressive posts concerning action figures are ridiculous sometimes. It's supposed to be a fun hobby that takes us out of all that nonsense.

I would be sorely disappointed if we didn't get the Lunataks (again) and instead got one-off characters like Shiner or Tuska Warrior, even though I would love to see those too (Mongor, Mandora & Pyron would look amazing as figures)! Although they weren't written very well after their first appearance and mostly reduced to bumbling fools (as most villains in 80s cartoons), the Lunataks were awesomely menacing when they first appeared. They almost made them in the original line too.

I was excited to hear the Lunataks are coming from Sebastiaan...thank you for sharing that info!

motogp_fanatic and Sebastiaan like this.
  5. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

The MOTU Ultimates were also more expensive than the regular figures due to the accessories...I'm guessing they will be $35 each (hopefully). I can't believe they actually made this happen, it really seemed like a lost cause. It's great they have had experience with MOTU Classics and doing these types of figures...I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

It would be great if each wave had 1 Thundercat, 1 Mutant, 1 Lunatak and one unaffiliated character, something for everyone. I just want to mention Ta-She as I haven't seen her name...great creepy episode/character and Thundercats is lacking in female villains.

6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I like this idea!

Sebastiaan and Lionus like this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

It makes sense for Super7™ to wanna lay out their ThunderCats™ figures on the eve of the original show's 35th anniversary, which is actually in January.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

My impression from Brian's comment was that they currently have 16 figures in various stages of development, not that they were only doing 16 figures. I can think of plenty more than 16 that would be easy purchases for me!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. Lionus

Lionus New Member

Next to Joe’s Snarf and Snarfer figures, this is easily the best news of 2019! Thank you Super7 for following up on this line. Placed my order quicker than you can say Samoflange!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Sebastiaan

Only three more days till PowerCon. Hopeful for some further reveals....

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope the first wave has Tygra or Cheetara in it. Hopefully both. :D
    I know they showed the Jaga and Grune prototypes but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be in the first wave but I want them so I am really excited for what is revealed at Power-Con. :)

12. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

Every MOTU Classics and Filmation figure, including the Ultimates, that Super7 has produced have been $35. These figures are an outlier in price, so I'm hoping the $45 price tag is specific to Ultimates and not the entire line. As niche as this line is already going to be, $45 for every figure will price people out.

13. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

I'm very excited to see what is offered, but I have a feeling I won't be buying many of them. I only have so much money to spend on toys, and 30+ bucks a figure is reeeeeally pushing it. I get the whole 'niche market' thing and how it works, but understanding why doesn't make them more affordable.
    ------------------
    :liono

14. Sebastiaan

According to ToyHypeUSA each forthcoming ThunderCat figure will have an additional head, extra hands and more: all based on the same template of the Ultimates!!! That is epic news so hopefully that means we’ll get a Young Jaga and a ThunderCat version of Grune (hopefully with the TC insignia to add to his chest). It just keeps getting better and better!

The All American likes this.
  15. Sebastiaan

Glad to see it official at last: Super7 having its own thread on the org!!!!!! Been wishing for this for 3 looooooooong years.

16. The All American

The All American Junior Member

I assume they'll be at the $45 price range then too.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Crabman

Yep. Where does it stop?

18. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

Dang. :unsure I guess I'm out. Thirty five bucks is pretty much my ceiling, and that doesn't even include shipping. I'm sure the figures will look great, but I just can't swing that. I wish there was a Po' Boy option, where you could buy a figure with with just 1 accessory, 1 head, no extra hands, and it could be bagged, not carded. I would be totally fine with that.

*Edit*
    After I think about it, I can't really be too bummed. I still get to have a total blast with MOTU Origins. For the price of 1 Ultimates T-Cat I can buy 2 Origins figures, and still have some money left over for a few Mega Construx figures!! That's not exactly terrible!
    -----------------
    :panthro

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 5:54 PM
  19. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

As long as they have extra hands, heads and accessories I'm ok with the price...I'm sure they are also factoring the China tariff situation that is not making this hobby any cheaper.
    Shipping is much cheaper if you order from BBTS, hopefully the regular (non-ultimate) figures will be offered the same way.

20. Sword Breaker

Sword Breaker Moleman

It sounds like the entire line will be done Ultimates style, but maybe I misunderstood something. Anyway, I hope everybody loves these! It's been a loooong wait!
    ------------------
    :liono