Thundercats Classics, hopes and speculation

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by C.L.A.W., Jul 16, 2015.

1. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Yes I am a MOTUC subscriber for years now, and I must say in a way it's nice to have these little things pop up with other figures including some cool relics from the show etc. I can think of a few cool TC relics from the show to add in ... lets see if they follow the same trend.

What is nice about MOTUC being so far down the line is that they know what works now, and the fans know that there is more than one way to get something ...;)

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be interested in in the grown Wily's far enough down the line if we got all the other characters we wanted.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have no real interest in comic characters, especially any from the Wildstorm comics as I really wasn't keen in them.

As for the Marvel/Star comics I'd like Lynxana and the Rock Men. I think the king was called Tork.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  4. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

As fan of the 2011 line, I hope they can make figurews from that toon, at least the ones that bandai did not release.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be great, but I believe someone said they only have the license for the original cartoon. Maybe we can hope if the line does well they can expand into the 2011 line as well!

Daremonger likes this.
  6. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Oh, well. Lets hope. Cheers!

adssse likes this.
  7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am with you! I think we are some of the few steady fans of the 2011 line!

TMNachoT likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

Unless I've misread somebody already posting it, I do hope that Pumm-Ra gets his own figure too. He's been a favourite of mine since I first saw him. Mumm-Ra has so many different forms, that it would be cool to finally get a proper variety of him.

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, I like Pumm-ra also. There is something about his character design that has always appealed to me.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Sebastiaan

Probably because he was the first "other" ThunderCat we saw and because we associated with the real ThunderCats, we felt sorry for them for liking him as a real ThunderCat. He was a great design, I agree. He would've made a great hero though if he was for real. I always imagined pairing him up with the ThunderCats (if he was a real action figure) and making him a good guy. Silly childhood dreams hahaha.

Daremonger likes this.
  11. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd like for Pumm-Ra to be an official action figure, too.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Agree 100% with you Daremonger:mummra

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Keep it real guys... I only want to see the cartoon characters in figures and NOT comic based characters.

I grew watching the cartoon so leave like that.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Like I said, some of the Marvel characters wouldn't be so bad but definitely none from WildStorm..those comics were awful.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  15. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

I'm all about the old school era of the Thundercats so Mattel is your time to Just Bring it!

16. Sebastiaan

The reality is that Mattel can make whatever they want. If they decide to bring in characters from the comic books, I won't have a problem with it as many of those characters are very important to some of us too and form part of ThunderCats lore.

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes but there are limitations. A character from the comics like Lynxana is one thing. But making a character of a figure that has no relevance is another.

18. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I would really want them to concentrate on the cartoon first before tackling the comics characters. I dont want them to use sub space on that. Maybe down the line they can start.

19. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Yeah. :)

20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I feel the same way.

I thought that they only had the license for the characters of the original cartoon anyway. Has this been confirmed?

Mark M and Daremonger like this.