Thundercats Classics, hopes and speculation

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by C.L.A.W., Jul 16, 2015.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If they only have the licence for the original cartoon we wont be lumbered with many unwanted figures, like, early design Lion-O, Tygra in and outfit he only wore once in an obscure comic etc. :)

Daremonger and Roadpigjohn like this.
  2. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

In that case I hope that is the deal they have.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Now that the 2016 line-up has be revealed, I hope for a full 2017 subscription similar to MOTUC! Hey a guy can dream!
    January - Mumm-ra the Everliving
    February - Tygra
    March - Monkian
    Club Exclusive - Pumm-ra
    Quarterly - Mandora w/ her motorcycle
    April - Lynx-o
    May - Capt. Cracker w/ Polly
    June - Willa
    Quarterly - Luna & Amok
    July - Hammer Hand
    August - Wily Kat w/ Hoverboard and Snarf
    September - Rataro
    Quarterly - Claudis & Kano
    October - Wily Kit w/ Hoverboard and Snarfer
    November - Chilla
    December - Snowman
    Quarterly - Snow Meow
    I'm hoping that Ghost Jaga will be the 2016 Con Exclusive

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm happy we're getting seven figures in the ThunderCats Classics line for this year. :wilykat

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am very happy with the choices so far. I am ready to throw my full support behind this line and really hope is has a long lifespan!

Joa-O and Daremonger like this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Cheetara will be in 2017.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Sweetness!!

8. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

The only non-cartoon character I want is Lynxana...hopefully someone will ask the Mattel people if they have the rights. I'm happy if it's just for the cartoon though, there are plenty of great characters there.

9. temple

temple Active Member

Honestly my dream is for them to do all the major cartoon characters (major in my mind being the Cats, Mumm-Ra, Mutants, Lunataks and important supporting characters - Mandora, Shiner, Willa, Hachiman, Snowman, the Berserkers etc). Anything above that (one use cartoon characters, comic characters etc) will be a real bonus. Oh! I'd love for the vehicles as well - the Thundertank, the Skycutters, Nosediver and so on.

As for a specific wishlist for the next 6-month block, I'd be delighted if we got something like this:

January - Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living
    February - Cheetara
    March - Monkian
    April - Bengali
    May - Mandora
    June - Wily Kat
    Sub Exclusive - Rataro

-but honestly I'd be happy with any of the characters at this point.

10. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I think 2017 will be a full 12 month line if the 2016 line is a success ;) My hope is we get WilyKat and WilyKit early on maybe as the SDCC exclusive to get them done so we aren't left worried if they will make it or not with them requiring unique parts. Aside from that I hope to see Willa and a Lunatak in 2017 :)

Maybe they will do a 'chase' figure like they do with MOTUC? Spirit Jaga would fit perfectly in that slot, with 'alive' Jaga in the 2016 subscription.

I'd expect the 2017 subscription exclusive to be someone like Claudus.

Mark M likes this.
  11. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I would really hope main characters like the Wily twins wouldn't be SDCC exclusives. For exclusives I'd go with something like invisible Tygra or Ghost Jaga/Grune

Mark M likes this.
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I agree in that I would hope all the "core" figures are included in the sub and not an exclusive. So far I like their lineup and hope for a 12 month next cycle. There are so many characters I would be thrilled to see from the Thundercats universe that I could potentially see this line going for years.

13. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I've heard Wilykit, Wildcat and snarf thrown around a lot as being the SDCC exclusives. The exclusives are always available on Matty Collector the first week of Auggust, so they shouldn't be a problem to get. That would make sense with the 10 figures the Horsemen said they have finished already.

Man, I cannot wait for one of the Lunataks.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, I would really like to see the Lunataks also. For being such a huge part of season 2 on, they definitely deserve to be represented in toy form!

Joa-O likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Chilla was okay, the rest of the Lunataks were boring. If I bought a subscription I suppose I could always sell them on but I would probably keep them to have a full set.
    I wonder if Mattel will do a Spirit of Jaga like the did Spirit of Hordak...except you know actually tell people wen he is going on sale etc. ;)

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

If they are planning any alternative versions of characters than a spirit Jaga is close to a must. He spent almost the entire series in that form!

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Same with invisible Tygra.

18. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Well, there isnt really a young Tygra AND an old Tygra. "Young" Tygra was the first to be released and was later resculpted, resulting in "old" Tygra. The terms "young" and "old" have been added by collectors to distinguish between the two.

19. Wakko

Wakko Junior Member

In order of priority, this is what I want the line to release:
    1. The core 8 ThunderCats (this includes Jaga and Snarf)
    2. Mumm-Ra
    3. Slithe, Jackalman, Monkian, and Vultureman
    4. Lynx-O, Pumyra, Bengali (and I suppose Snarfer)
    5. The Lunattaks
    6. The Berzerkers
    7. Any unaffiliated character that appeared in at least 3 episodes, the most deserving being: Willa, Nayda, Snowman/Snowmeow, Ro-Bear Bill, Mandora, Ratar-O, Hachiman, Driller, Grune, Cracker, Turmagar, and Dr. Dometone
    8. Remaining unaffiliated characters that appeared in two episodes or less but made a big impression (and/or appeared in the LJN line): Safari Joe, Molemaster, Shiner, Mumm-Rana, Enflamer, Quick Pick, Mongor, Demolisher

Of course, if they open up the door to vehicles, playsets, and oversized beasts, then priorities shift a little. But I really hope they manage to accomplished at least #1 - #6, with a smattering of characters from #7.

20. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I like it.. :)