Thundercats Classics Packaging

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by ninja cat, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

I just saw the official package. Looks good from the front, but I am not a fan of the stock art on the back. That's probably WB's fault, as they are adamant about using craptastic art since the release of the series on DVD.

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Awesomeness!!!

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Well there is still quite a while before Lion-O is released maybe they will change it before then.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I like this ... The classic cartoon art at the bottom and the classic lettering at the top !!!

We need the TC's logo on the front! can't go without it!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I find it odd they couldn't do a nice card/box like they have done for the DC Multiverse and WWE Elite figures.

6. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Like that new box design for the Thundercats line. Just a few months more to wait till we get the first shipment...

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was just thinking, as the package looks very slim I wonder if they will have to change it later for wider/larger figures like Ssslithe, Tug Mug and Crusher etc.

8. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I'm sure they will. They scaled the packaging for oversized figures in MOTUC.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Option C is the best hands down. But I would be very happy with option B. To be perfectly honest, if mattel confirmed that they were going to do LJN style packaging (option C) I would probably buy a second set of figures to leave in the package.

:tygra:

10. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i want mattel to make the packaging the best they can as my figures are staying boxed . i would like to see a bit of the old style packaging mixed with new .

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

i agree. I am leaving mine boxed as well so I would like the packaging to be up to the standards of the figures themselves

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

As poor looking as it looks without the logo on the front, at least the shape of the box should allow for the figures to be easily returned to the box, like Star Wars Black, Marvel Legends etc, for those who wish to open the figures and keep the packaging etc.

13. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Was there no updates on this?

14. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I dont believe Matty has posted any updates.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

With Matty's track record you probably wont see the packaging until they announce the SDCC exclusive or the show the figures at SDCC.

16. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

You're probably right - this new team seems a bit stingy with the new information.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They probably don't want releasing so much information for us to tell them what is wrong with it. If they leave it until it's to late if we point out certain faults they can go to the classic line of the parts already being tooled and the figure already being in production etc to change things.

Sebastiaan and Ianm1225 like this.
  18. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I really hope that there is at least some kind of slip case cover with the TC logo on. It does seem silly not to have it on. They might surprise us.

Mark M likes this.
  19. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

The Thunder kids package is very well done and if that is going to be something similar for all the single figures to come then I'm all about it.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Yeah I like their packaging too. Just hope that they fix their bio on the back. Wish we could see them displayed in the packaging though.

Roadpigjohn likes this.