Thundercats classics pre-order @ bigbadtoystore

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Berserker, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

Here's something pretty interesting. Bigbadtoystore put the Thundercats classics up for pre-order recently, which I was hoping for because that always gives the sub count a big boost. The prices are hefty at $50 for Jackalman, Pumyra, 55 for Panthro, $60 for Lion-o and $70 for Mumm-Ra. The crazy part is that Lion-o and Mumm-Ra have already sold out! If you buy just those 2 figures you're already paying the sub cost. This is definitely an early tell that this line is gonna go quick and be jacked up on EBay after DOS.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=Thundercats

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Sebastiaan likes this.
  2. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

oh my goodness!! I'm super thrilled I've subbed now that I've read that!!!!! Good heavens, some people really know how to make money.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, that's a hefty price! I am very happy I subbed

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I feel sorry for the people who pay that much more for figures when the subscription time limit isn't even up yet. Seriously people, just buy the sub, and sell off the characters you don't want. You'll come out better off at the end.

Mark M likes this.
  5. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Fans who knew about the subscription and those who still chose to skip it, well they can still get them at $30 each during the regular sale every month. But yeah if they want a particular figure that time and they still miss out on it, then we can all sing in unison: "We told you so, we told you so".

6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I guess the thing is with subscriptions is your locked in and some folks aren't in a position to predict their financial situation come September... though I agree that $55 is quite high! I'm sure when I first looked they were not that high so I can only assume they sold through their first round of pre-orders (Lion-O, Panthro and Mumm-Ra were definitely all sold out back then!) and they have decided to do another round at an higher price. The price increase could be in part due to Pumyra and Jackalman not selling through pre-orders and they are planning incase they have to reduce prices on those 2 later.

Makes sense since casual fans are probably only interested in the 7 main ThunderCats (some maybe Lion-O, Panthro, Tygra and Cheetara only even!) so it's obvious Lion-O and Panthro are the 'HOT' figures of this first wave. Mumm-Ra too since a sub is the only way to get him.

Though remember that you can cancel BBTS pre-orders, so folks might have jumped on this pre-order in fear Lion-O will sell out in record time just like Filmation He-Man did last week? They will likely cancel their pre-order if they manage to buy Lion-O for $30 at the regular sale day ;)

I think it's safe to say though that Mumm-Ra will likely stay sold out.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  7. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I think people will make a mistake waiting for the Dos to get these figures. They may not get it. As an indication on the he-man that sold out fast. And buying it somewhere else will make a deep hole in your pocket. I'm glad I subbed. I really want to get to subs. One to take out and one to keep MOC but I don't know if my finances will allow me. I am so on the edge and time is almost up.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Sebastiaan

I would say get it now before it's too late. You might not have the opportunity to get another set.

9. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

I know but eish its expensive. I also subbed for the club grayskull. It will be too much. Guess i have a few hours left to decide. I love these figures so much. Im between a rock and a hard place.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Is the 2017 subscription going to be monthly or bi-monthly?

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Hopefully monthly - the one previous report said that Grune and Jaga were moved to the Jan & Feb slots, which might be an indication that it is a monthly year long sub (or at least a 6 month sub which I hope its not).

12. Sebastiaan

That's a tough one TCatsfan... Less than 24 hours to decide....

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I really liked the Filmation He-man prototype...after seeing the finished product I am so happy I didn't subscribe. Hopefully for those that did get the Grayskull subscription the rest of the figures turn out better.

14. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Mark M i am not that fussy when it comes to figures so the ancles and stuff dont bother me that much. He will stay in the box anyway. I got the sub for he man and evil lyn. Im actually not a collector of motu. This is my first. There are only a couple figures i want. I may just sell the ones i dont want.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am not really a collector either. I do like the show etc and used to have a near full collection of the 200X characters and around the first dozen MOTUC figures. I was thinking of getting it just for He-Man, Skeletor and Evil-Lyn. Aside from the He-Man head sculpt (which is vastly better than the standard He-Man head) the bit I was really happy and excited about was the sword sheath on his back just like the cartoon...but then I seen the pics that it doesn't even hold the sword correctly.

16. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Im not sure that i will sub next year. Id rather do TC instead although there are some other characters i would want. I bought a while back the complete 80's boxset which included 200x cartoon but not the new adventures one. A couple months ago i finished rewatching TC and want to start with he man.