thundercats convention ?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by liono, Apr 29, 2009.

1. liono

liono Guest

how about we all organise a thundercats convention ?

would be cool with the old cast of voices there along with new merhandise and old collections on display.

How cool would that be ?

2. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

I would love that! I've been to Botcon every time it's been in the midwest and it's a blast, and I used to love the Starting Lineup convention in Cincinatti back before 2000. I would be a vendor and set up a display of the rare stuff I've got plus a table or two for selling items. It would be cool to meet people from the board too.

3. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

that would be a great a would like to go to one :thumbsup:

4. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

I'm close to London and would be happy with one but imagine most people here live in the us.

Only think a few people would turn up at present-when the movie comesout this website will be full of new people joining-at least we are all the original members!!!

How about prototypes figures at a convention-how cool would that be!!!

And a competition to make the best mad bubbler

O and let's invite dan cotto for a pin the tail on the donkey!!! Or he could give alot of people the money back he's stole over the past few years

5. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Very cool, yes...and very expensive to put on. The voice actors don't do these events just from the goodness of their hearts, you have to pay them for their time and I'm pretty sure they don't come cheap. Niether would the place you'd stage it at; these folks, too, don't do it for free or cheaply. Civic auditoriums and hotels need to be huge in size if you're going to have guest speakers, paying customers and vendors because the people who own and operate these places want to see a return on their investment. A case in point is that now sprawling and unwieldy event known as the San Diego ComicCon. I'd never go to that because it's too big, too pricey, and just plain too crowded and hectic. Also, in the current economy, who'd want to do it? Money's tight enough as it is. :(

As I see it, the least expensive ThunderCats convention to hold would be a fairly small and intimate one put on by fans strictly for a limited number of fans, maybe several hundred. You'd have to pass on the dealers' room, but you can have fan discussions, costumes, fan art, filk-singing, a screening room to play the episodes on DVD, and anything else fan-oriented. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2009