Thundercats Electronic Cats' Lair for sale

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by nicenthrifty, Feb 16, 2012.

1. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

I work at a thrift store and I just got in an electronic cats' lair. The box has been opened but it still has all the original styrofoam and the smaller items are still in their sealed bags. I would assume that it hasn't been used. The box is worn but still supportive and in one piece. There's one listing on Ebay for one right now for $1999.99 but there haven't been any bids and it seems pretty high to me. Does anyone have any idea what it might be worth or a good venue for selling it?

2. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I do not recall Cat's Lair having styrofoam packaging, but I could be wrong...

3. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Mine does :) The Mutant Attack vehicle sits in it. However I don't believe my Cats Lair has ALL the internal packaging :( I'd love to see pics of the Lair out of the box to see how exactly it was originally packaged.

Perhaps then it would be easier to estimate the value of this fantastic find :)

4. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

Cats' Lair pictures

Okey doke. I did a full inventory of the box and the pieces. The box contains ALL of the original pieces, down to the last screw. The stickers haven't been applied and none of the pieces have been put together. It seems like someone might have taken out all the pieces after purchase but never put it together. It doesn't have all the original internal packaging, but the mutant attack vehicle and the control room are in their original styrofoam packaging without a cover on it. The other pieces are simply placed in the box. Here are some pictures so you can get a better idea of what it looks like.

Should I put this up on Ebay?

Attached Files:

5. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

I also have a ton more pictures if anyone wants to see more :)

6. blackiecats

Thanks for sharing! This will sell extremely well I think as its ideal for someone who wants a MINT complete loose toy.

I paid around $200 for my loose complete and boxed Lair back in 2002! Though that wasn't in the condition this one is! A peg is broken off on my ladder :( Mine does contain more of the internal styrofoam packing though... but your box is much better than mine.

I'd say you should easily get $300-$400 for it on eBay. I'd stick it on there and see what it makes! ;)

7. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Nice find! How much are you looking to get for it? I might be interested.

8. Bladecollector

Bladecollector Moleman

Thats an awesome peice, what a lucky find in a thrift store.

9. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

I keep hearing really negative things about Ebay....is there any other venue for selling it where it can still be an auction and make it available to a lot of people?

10. blackiecats

Not that I know of.

However if you do sell through here, I advise that the Lair be mailed by a insured/tracked service. I'd also recommend buyer pays by Paypal ONLY. These steps will ensure both seller and buyer are protected :)

11. dan07

dan07 Glass Walker

I'd be interested in buying this. Any idea how much you'd be looking to get for your Cat's Lair?

12. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Cool.. Interesting that there in styro... Always wondered but never dared open mine...

I reckon that youd get around 600

13. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

14. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

15. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

And out of curiousity, did anyone on the board here get it?:confused:

16. nicenthrifty

nicenthrifty New Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  17. Evil_Henchman

Evil_Henchman Junior Member

With your zero feedback I'm not sure your going to get the price your hoping for. Might be better to just sell it on the boards.

18. Jackalben

Jackalben New Member

Did this sell ok second time around?

If not I would certainly be interested.

19. Pash2x4b

Pash2x4b New Member

Hi sorry if this is against the rules but im new to all this so please dont flame me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170874772...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_552wt_1245

My beloved cats lair......

Anyone have any idea why the electronics could stop working? there is no corrosion and it worked fine when i brought it down but 2 days later nothing, it did stop once while i was cleaning it but it had gotten stuck and it was working again :S