Thundercats Fan Made Trailer

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Vivek, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

2. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Wow that was very well done! Thanks for posting the link. :)

3. Nine Tiger

Nine Tiger Great Void Dweller

Most excellent trailer. I had to laugh though. If Brad Pitt is Lion-o, can Angelina be far behind as Tashi :)

MGP :tygra:

4. AlexofThundera

5. The Sentinel

The Sentinel Junior Member

That was epic! Although I can't say I liked the choice for Cheetara.

6. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

OMG, that was impressive! It really has the look and feel of a true movie trailer. Even the teaser ("This summer the Cats come out to play") is something Hollywood would come up with. :thumbsup:

I had to laugh at the thought of Hugh Jackman as Tygra; I don't know how he'd feel about doing another animal-like superhero. Vin Diesel would make a good Panthro. I agree with Sentinel about Gigi Edgely as Cheetara; Angelina Jolie would be a much better choice. Angelina's better half Brad Pitt as Lion-O? Eh, physically, yes, but he hasn't got the voice for the part so that would have to be dubbed by somebody who does. And his Photoshopped hair looked like it needed a good cleaning! I don't know about the two kids, though they look like a believeable WilyKat and WilyKit. But I can clearly see Kat and Kit trading in their space-boards for their own little airship, as space-boards would be a bit quaint these days. :D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  7. thundercatsfanatic

thundercatsfanatic New Member

Loved it, Thanks for the link! :thumbsup:

8. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

LOL @ Garfield as Snarf!

9. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

What a primo bit of work, I was very impressed with that.

10. Leon-O

Leon-O Junior Member

The only part I didnt like was BeastMan (he was too recognizable).. Besides that it was GREAT :D

11. AlexofThundera

Larry Kenney comments on the fan made trailer:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/01/0...-fan-trailer-status-of-cgi-thundercats-movie/

When it comes to last week’s live-action “ThunderCats” trailer created by a fan of the 1980s cartoon series, we’re not sure what we got more of a kick out of — the frame-by-frame editing that turned Brad Pitt and Vin Diesel into Lion-O and Panthro, respectively, and made “World’s Sexiest Man” Hugh Jackman into a very believable Tygra; or the simple fact that the trailer made a live-action “ThunderCats” movie seem like a very good idea.

While the possibility of a feature-length “Thundercats” film coming to theaters has been in play since 2007, when Warner Bros. announced it was producing a CGI movie based on the series, we thought it would be interesting to run the idea by the original Lion-O himself, voice actor Larry Kenney, and find out what he thinks about the fan-made “Thundercats” trailer — and, of course, what he knows about the real “ThunderCats” movie in production.

“I like it,” Kenney told MTV News after watching the fan-made “ThunderCats” trailer. “I hope Warner Bros. does as well with the real thing.”

As for Brad Pitt playing Lion-O, Kenney said the casting “works for me,” but was thankful that WB’s plans for a feature-length “ThunderCats” film will likely call for computer-generated characters.

“Thank goodness the movie will be CGI,” laughed Kenney. “[It] gives me a chance to reprise my role as Lion-O.”

Whether the popularity of the fan-made trailer reignites interest in the “ThunderCats” movie remains to be seen, however. As far as being called upon to reprise his role as the leader of the ThunderCats, Kenney told MTV there is “still no word on that.”

12. Lil'Leo

Lil'Leo Active Member

I'm a HUGE fan of this trailer! (As you can probably tell from my sig. ;) ) I enjoyed everything about it -- from the attention to detail (he even got Lion-O's eyebrows right!) to the movies he chose (I watched Troy soon after and was delightedly able to point out each and every shot used in the trailer.) to the perfectly-chosen actors for each of the parts. (Brad Pitt, Vin Diesel, and Hugh Jackman were absolutely spot on, and let's not forget "Snarfield"! :p ) When I first saw it, I thought it was real and was ready to run out and buy tickets to it. Even now, after I've memorized the whole thing, I still can't believe the level of reality it takes on. To me, it proves that Thundercats should be made as a live-action film rather than CG. (Not that I won't go see the CG film when it comes out. :D ) If people as talented and true Thundercats fans as this guy can make a masterpiece out of a 2 1/2 minute fake trailer than it would definitely be possible to make a real live action movie and make it a blockbuster bigger than Transformers. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just so you guys know, the hit count on Youtube for that trailer has surpassed 2 million and rapidly climbing. That shows how much we need a Thundercats film and how good it is.