Thundercats figures by Bandeirantes (Brazil)

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Dumah, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Dumah

Dumah New Member

I'm from Brazil and last month I've seen a couple of these figures in a toy store. They are made by Brinquedos Bandeirantes, and seem to have been recently released.

There's only 5 figures: Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara and Mumm-Ra. They are huge, approximately 15-16 inches tall each, and made of vinyl. I wasn't impressed with their quality at the store; they don't have the detail level of Bandai's figures, had almost no articulations, no accessories or weapons, and they were WAY overpriced. Still, I'm trying to get my hands on a Cheetara while they're still being produced... I'll post the review here if I ever get one. :cheetara:

See the figures HERE.
    Merged Post:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I don't think these are officially licensed Thundercats products by Bandai.
    They must be bootleg, still panthro and cheetara look good

3. MoonKnight

MoonKnight Vortex Explorer

Yeah even if they're not official they look really good...vvery...cartoonish:p

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

They look fairly nice to me. Thanks for sharing.

5. Cheezey

Cheezey Laser Beast

Wow! I had no idea those existed.

6. Osbert

Osbert Active Member

Thanks for sharing, I actually quite like these! They'd make great display pieces.

7. Tygra

Tygra Thunderian Legend

Huh, those are interesting. :eek:

8. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

Any chance you could snag some for us US collectors? I'd be interest in a whole set, and I'd certainly pay extra for your troubles. Thanks!

9. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  10. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

how much are they in US dollars?

11. ZeroZhane

ZeroZhane Junior Member

the 129,00 = 63.60
    the 79,00 = 39.44 (The other price on the far right)

If my converter app on my phone is currect

12. charn

charn Junior Member

These look ace!

13. michaelm

michaelm Active Member

I'd be willing to purchased a few if someone wants to throw them on eBay!

14. Dumah

Dumah New Member

They are official indeed, I called the manufacturer (Bandeirantes) today and they confirmed the toys were just released and are being sent to stores now, which is why I'm having some difficulty in finding them even online. Panthro and Tygra arrived last month, so Cheetara, Lion-O (or just Lion here) and Mumm-ra are arriving still this month.

The lowest price I've found so far is in this store, they have only Panthro and Tygra in stock for now. They do ship overseas! I simulated the costs and it's about $55 to ship them 2 to North America (the convertion rate is about $ 1 US Dollar to R$ 2 Brazil Reais).

Should I post a step-by-step on how to buy there or in other stores here? Some do ship international but sadly have no English option available. Do feel free to message me and I'll try to help if I can. =)

(BTW the R$79,00 price on the Tricae store's right corner is the minimum per order to have free shipping, but it's only valid within Brazil unfortunately!)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  15. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

They look awesome to me. But at that price point that's way to rich for my when they are just vinyl blown. Even the mezco classics are half of what these are.

16. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

17. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

18. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

It was funny/awesome to see the little snippet below, which stated, among other things that staying inside for too long was bad for the little ones' development, and that this bike was a way to bring more fun to well-being. Also, it's meant for those three years and up. The bike looks cool, too! :cool:
    Disclaimer: I don't speak Portuguese, and this is a very loose translation since I used my knowledge of Spanish to translate. I respect those who do speak Portuguese.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  19. Dumah

Dumah New Member

20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I like the backpack!