Thundercats Intro Remake

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Joseph Korso, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Good luck, my friend. :)

Joseph Korso likes this.
  2. Joseph Korso

Joseph Korso Junior Member

Just to keep track of this thing, I share the comparison I've done tonight.
    Not complete, lacks some features I tried before. Maybe I'll go for the original format, not putting too much shade in it.
    I think Tygra is better on color corrected. What do you think?
    Both frames are not aligned because the prior source was in different position. Gotta change all the frames to follow the corrected one, no escape.

[​IMG]

motogp_fanatic and Daremonger like this.
  3. Daremonger

I'm going with the version of Tygra below. :tygra

Joseph Korso likes this.
  4. Joseph Korso

Ok, I shouldn't be sharing WIP so often like this.
    But yesterday night I was so pissed about the work I could finish and it was not compelling enough that I was almost giving up the whole thing.
    Takes that have too many elements, backgrounds, effects, characters and camera movements I spend too much time drawing stuff and makes me tired easily.

Well, after this I decided to share the small bit on Traditional Animation group on facebook, it's a public one and people there gives a lot of feedback, other than that, some pro folks like Aaron Blaise is there on daily basis. To my surprise, that meh take gave me some boost to keep up and continue rotoscoping the take 5 which is giving me some headaches.

But anyway, I diverge here. Again, thank you so much for sharing your hard work piece @Booshman. I'm super confident right now.

[​IMG]

5. Daremonger

That WIP animation of Cheetara is super-dope, man!

Joseph Korso likes this.
  6. Joseph Korso

What are your thoughts about discrepancies found on the intro so far?
    I mean, I know there're a lot of mutants and all, but still they're basically Slithe, Jackalman, Monkian and Vultureman, other than some variations on clothes I guess.
    [​IMG]

So far I've found lots of "mistakes" concerning anatomy on mutants mostly.
    I'm taking the original characters concept to make 'em right, even if we see only a glimpse of them while watching the final result.
    Slithe ears in the following close up is completely wrong also.

shortfuse likes this.
  7. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

For me, I wouldn't change a thing, but then I also wouldn't adjust the aspect ratio either. For what it's worth the changes you have made look solid, nice work on Monkian's feet.

8. Joseph Korso

Just thiccin' through to let you know that Ceetara rules.

[​IMG]

9. Daremonger

Fantastic!

10. Booshman

Are you adding a highlight to every black line? It's not present in the original and to me it makes it look off. It gives the effect that the colour layer and and the outline layer are slightly misaligned.

11. Joseph Korso

I'll probably do the traditional one and a take 2 after.
    No need to get mad about that, since it is the painting layer the additional shading scheme.

12. Booshman

Not mad pal, just an observation. Looks like more work to make something which I'd say is objectively less appealing to look at.

Joseph Korso likes this.