ThunderCats is becoming more forgotten...

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Luckinekolives, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Ever since the 2011 reboot got cancelled by Cartoon Network in 2013, it's becoming obscured to today's mainstream pop culture, overshadowed by overrated shows and Movies and their fandoms; avatar/LoK, Steven universe, Regular Show, Disney, Adventure Time,Teen Titans Go!, SpongeBob, Game of Thrones, Supernatural , Regular Show, Star Wars, Marvel shows and movies, etc., Not Even TC's 30th anniversary of last year remaining forgotten, and the only reboots are still popular and ongoing today are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and My Little Pony Frienship is Magic. ThunderCats deserves better than that! We tried petitions but they don't help, the world is turning to crap, and I think that ThunderCats these days are becoming a joke! Would you fans agree?

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Please remember that ThunderCats is not a huge franchise. Jem and the Holograms is also not a huge franchise, yet it had out a movie adaptation from Universal Pictures and currently has an out ongoing reboot comic from IDW Publishing.

Luckinekolives likes this.
  3. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Yeah, but the movie was crap, and IDW should buy the ThunderCats rights to continue the reboot in comic format..

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Overall the 2011 cartoon was a great show. The problem is there was too much faith put on the success of the toyline. The show just didn't appeal to younger children and those that did like the show did not like the toys. Which is a shame as the 6" figures were very good.

Daremonger and Wilycub like this.
  5. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Man, if Norton and Studio4°C haven't give up so easily....

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Daremonger likes this.
  6. Daremonger

IDW has the licenses to most TimeWarner properties like Adventure Time and The Powerpuff Girls. Acquiring the rights to produce a ThunderCats comic shouldn't be too much of a stretch for them.

7. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Couldn't we write a letter to IDW publishing, that we really want a comic continuation of the ThunderCats reboot, of if they have the money, time or the guts?

Daremonger likes this.
  8. Daremonger

Certainly! :D

9. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

It's true the Franchise itself is not as big as what it use be back in the 80's; but we gotta do something!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Daremonger likes this.
  10. First of all, Warner Bros. is not going to license a comic book continuation of the version of ThunderCats that is the least recognizable to most consumers and is considered a commercial failure.

Second, they are not going to respond to an online petition or letter writing campaign. If ThunderCats fans want more ThunderCats products, they can start by supporting the ThunderCats products that are already out there. That will show Warner Bros. that there is both a market and a demand for ThunderCats. As it is, there are fans who are not going to support the new action figure line by Mattel, which is the first new licensed ThunderCats product in years, so good luck with that.

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  11. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

I'm just saying we could try...

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

And I don't want MLP and Tmnt which is still the most successful franchise to remaining superior... Which is starting to piss me off! And if the Mattel classic toy line becomes successful; they'll probably start new toyline based on the reboot.. And becoming successful this time!

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am interested/planning on picking up some of the figures if they turn out like the prototypes, just not interested in the subscription method.
    Since WB didn't listen to the petitions to bring back Young Justice for a third season I doubt they will do anything with Thundercats.

Daremonger likes this.
  14. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

I heard Netflix is still trending Young Justice! WB will have to respond, one way or the other..

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Netflix is doing a new Voltron series...which also had a 2011 series that wasn't successful. Mind you Mattel not getting any toys to retail didn't help.

Daremonger likes this.
  16. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Yeah, that's true, they're just a too busy for Monster High, Barbie, and Ever after high..

Daremonger likes this.
  17. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

And also need to remind you that Avatar and legend of Korra both almost suffered the same fate from bad toy sales; but that doesn't stop them from continuing the cartoons!

Daremonger likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Depends, some shows are funded by toy sales. Avatar is a bit of an odd exception as Korra had no toys. Avatar Airbender had toy....made by Mattel. They mostly produced variants of Aang and Soka but did not make Katara.

Daremonger likes this.
  19. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

I guess there's no justice in today's world... Kids today are dumbing down to the digital version of the stone age!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Daremonger likes this.
  20. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I don't know if this is allowed, but, this is one of my attempts to keep the memory of the 2011 reboot alive