ThunderCats is becoming more forgotten...

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Luckinekolives, Feb 6, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Nice! I miss the 2011 series. It had so much potential.

Luckinekolives and Daremonger like this.
  2. abgopinfinity

abgopinfinity New Member

I miss having a Thundercats show to watch as well or a movie. That 'cancelled movie' clip on this website looked cool. I loved the 2011 series and it's music which I have. I love the Duelist and the Drifter episode. I have seen every Thundercats episode ever and want to see more or a movie of some kind.

Luckinekolives and Daremonger like this.
  3. xluckinekostylex

xluckinekostylex Glass Walker

did I forgot to Mention not even WatchMojo didn't recognize the Reboot or the Classic series?

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I didn't know that.

5. xluckinekostylex

I am so damn sick of MLP and TMNT! Because they're too overrated!!!

6. Dragon78

Dragon78 Barbarian

I love MLP:FiM and TMNT(2012), they are not overrated, the shows that are overrated are Steven Universe and every other show on CN. Sponge Bob and Fairly Odd Parents should have ended years ago. The only animated shows I watch are MLP:FiM, TMNT, Miraculous Ladybug, Star vs the Forces of Evil, South Park, and Venture Bros. I was watching Gravity Falls but that ended earlier this year.

Mark M likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. TMNT 2012 and MLP:FIM are two of the best cartoons on TV today. If anyone watched the first seasons of TMNT and MLP and then compared it to Thundercats 2011 it is drastically easy to see why those shows have gone from strength to strength each season and Thundercats got cancelled.

shortfuse likes this.
  8. xluckinekostylex

You can supprt both poniese and turtles all you want for all i care..

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I intend to. :D Those shows are awesome deserve fans support.

shortfuse likes this.
  10. xluckinekostylex

Bronies and Shellheads can all suck it!
    They're one of reasons Thundercats 2011 got axed by CN in the first place!

11. xluckinekostylex

I'm sorry, but some reboots that are overshadowed like thundercats need support too, all of you are wasting your time spending too much money on mlp and tmnt merch and crap!

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think the fact people stopped watching after the first few episodes which were pretty boring and uninteresting combined with terrible toy sales played a bigger part.
    Come to think of it, I am pretty sure the rumours of it getting cancelled had already started before TMNT 2012 even aired. :/

13. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

Maybe the upcoming comic crossover between HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS will bring Thundercats more into talks for the average popculture fans... :)

For me it certainly has re-sparked an interest to watch the 2011 reboot show and possibly make videos about Thundercats (and couple crossing with He-Man)....though as couple members on these forums know. I started some video-projects back in Feb already :D

xluckinekostylex and adssse like this.
  14. xluckinekostylex

Well , even though I'm not a big fan of He-man, but at least it's a good series, but Maybe IDW or Darkhorse comics could bring Thundercats could bring Thundercats back both the original series and the reboot in comic form, if they get the rights by WB. I think this crossover is going to be great! Maybe soon they'll another crossover Like a Korra/Thundercats 2011, or Voltron/Thundercats! It would be sweet!!

15. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

...and it will be more forgotten day by day, year by year until WB decides what to do with the property: what exactly do they want it to do for them - sell toys or tell a story.
    Both are inclusive and can help each other out, but one will always be the main priority, the main driving force.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think they both have to be equally good to appeal to the desired age group it's aimed at. Regardless of how good the toys are, if the cartoon isn't very good I can't imagine it selling much merchandise.

17. xluckinekostylex

Well maybe we all have too face the facts, mlp: fim and tmnt (2012) that are still ongoing that they have more publicity to the all aged audience, but thundercats 2011 , maybe netflix will pickup where the cartoon left off or at least a kickstarter project continuation.

18. xluckinekostylex

I'd rather die if dc comics will only do just thundercats classic comics... instead of both versions of the series.
    can at least dc comics just try picking it up where the a
    reboot left off?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  19. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

You sound like a HUGE fan! I came across this:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=27640

While it's highly unlikely CN picks up the series, it will probably air on Netflix because it doesn't have a toy line! lol

Anyway, I don't think ThunderCats is too far considering it was popular amongst fans but I can't imagine the same team from the 2011 series are interested!:panthro

xluckinekostylex likes this.
  20. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

[​IMG]

When I saw the news for Young Justice, I wondered how long it would be before I saw a post relating to the 2011 Thundercats show. I think that the fan outcry for a return of Young Justice was far louder than there has been for Thundercats. Up until today I would have put money on YJ never coming back, but the stars appear to have aligned and it is. Never say never I guess, but still highly unlikely the TCats reboot is anything other than dead.

LioConvoy likes this.