ThunderCats Lair Auctions

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by MannysCollectibles, Jun 3, 2007.

1. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Hello fellow forum members ThunderCatsLair now has its own Ebay account and every so often we will be auctioning off some extra items. We currently are auctioning off items ranging from Thundercats to Star Wars.

Proceeds of all of our auctions will help maintain the website online. If you would like to help out TCL via auction purchases or donations we accept those as well via our PayPal account thundercatslair@hotmail.com we thank you in advance for joining us and keeping this community what it is because without all the fans TCL would not exist.

Visit our current auctions HERE

2. MannysCollectibles

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2007
  3. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Why Manny? You do have another like this right?

4. MannysCollectibles

Well i dont necessarily have another one like it, not sure if i ever will again because its pretty rare. I do have the orange haired Lion-O so thats good enough for me at the moment. Its a little sad to let it go but dont worry I'm not selling off the whole collection. It's all right, Im not going crazy either but sometimes you have to sell a few things to be able to afford others :)

5. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

HUmm, but I thought that your aim was to have every single Thundercat item, does this means that you are losing one important item? I mean, without it and if you ever got a Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra and other 8-Backs you are missing, would you consider your collection complete?

I hope the maroom Lion-O is not considered for that list! I don't think I speak only for myself when I say I love your collection and every now and then I got and take a peek at the pictures you provided. You're probably the guy with the most complete collection that shows it to his internet-buddies and that is awesome.

It's like going to a Thundercat Museum. I've never been to the Louvre, but I like watching some pictures of Mona Lisa and other art that is there! I'll never have it, I'll never go there, but hey, at least I can see it, right? And I know it's there (just like a maroom Lion-O should be in your closet!!!).

Take care and hope you don't regret it!! And at least it should sell for a good price and not like that MOC Driller (? I don't recall if it was a Driller) you sold!!

6. MannysCollectibles

Thanks for your kind words. I take great pride in my collection and although it is my goal to have every single variation out there truth of the matter is that it will probably never happen. It's a very rare piece to say the least, hell i was shocked when i received it in the mail myself because after collecting for so long i never even knew a maroon hair Lion-O even existed.

I love showing off the collection and everything in it not because of ego but as a collector i know what the feeling is like to look at great collections and the good feeling that it brings. Some people decide to keep their collections private because of one thing or the other. Some because they dont want the attention, others just cant display for the lack of room and some people dont display their collection because they deem it not even wrth it to display it. I believe every collection is unique in its own way, every item one has in their collection has a bit of a story to it and thats what makes each collection special. Yes i may be missing one piece but just to know that i once had it and enjoyed it is good enough for me.

There is still pictures and it will forever be available to be seen here at TCL.org. I always wanted to have something like a Thundercats Museum but hey that will never happen unless i open my own toy shop but rest assured that there may not be an actual Thundercats museum anywhere but I consider the toy section here at TCL.org to be the online version of a ThunderCats Museum so in essence my dream and evry other collector's dream has come true :) With that being said my only hope is for the piece to go to a collector that will appreciate it as much as I did and enjoy it as much as i did. In the end believe me I will be happy because i enjoyed it to the fullest

7. MannysCollectibles

8. MannysCollectibles

9. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

OK Manny, I just hope you keep taking some pictures if any other item comes int your collection! And as always, thanks for sharing them with us!

BTW, sorry for that thing with e-Bay, it's the first time I see something like that happening!!!

Good luck this time, hope it sells for a good money!

10. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Was the link to our site? If so what another stupid policy from Ebay! :roll: Now you are not allowed to link to a site that will give buyer further information on the item they are bidding on! They are becoming a joke if you ask me.

No wonder I hardly buy anything for myself from there anymore ;)

11. MannysCollectibles

Yup those A-holes took down the auction because there was a link to our website. I dont understand because the link is not to a store or anything its an informational site. I think what happbened was that an Ebay person saw the link and quickly assumed it was a store. They probably didnt even bother too look any further

12. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

hmm thats like the idiots i read about over at he man.org that bid on stuff cause they thought the seller should get more for the item thn never paid, people butting in where they dont belong (it makes no sense cause all your auctions link back to the site), it really sucks that ebay is the only way i can improve my collections

13. MannysCollectibles

Well tell me about it...On a side note here are the latest items up for auction very rare and hard to find. Dealer catalogs!!!!!!

Very Rare 1986 GLASSLITE Dealer Catalog w/ ThunderCats

Very Rare 1987 GLASSLITE Dealer Catalog w/ Thundercats

Rare 1988 GLASSLITE Dealer Catalog Thundercats,Rambo

14. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Manny, after seeing the link to the Glasslite catalog, I have some information you probably want to add to your listing. Glasslite did produce the 4 Thundercats (with 2 versions of Lion-O, both orange hair: Alone without power ring, having that hole on his back closed and a version with power rings and Snarf). They also produced Mummra and the 4 mutants: Monkian, Jackalman, Slythe and Vultureman. I know this because I have them all, originals from my childhood.

Those 8 figures were the only ones Glasslite produced together with the minis.

15. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

Good call vintage, I have already made manny aware of this yesterday, i hope he doesnt add more info as I am looking to get those catalogs

16. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hi matt, how are you? Did you get my mail?

Hehehe, no problem, hope you win them, after all, you are the only Glasslite collector I know, it will be a great addition to your collection.

BTW, how's that collection going? I know you have the MOC Lion-O, MOC Tygra and the Thundertank. What about the loose ones?

When I was in Brazil last April, I found my old Thundertank (missing 2 doors, damaged left back wheel and missing one thread) and I got myself a great bargain: A complete loose Lion-O in excellent conditions for only 21$ postage included!

17. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

I'm doing good and yourself, havent talked to you in awhile.
    As far as your mail I'm not sure was it an old email in regards to the Thundertank (if so then I got it).

The collection is going, not as strong as I would like but its good for never finding any of the pieces Im looking for. I havent actually checked out ebay Brazil in a while. I need to start looking at it again, as far as the loose figs go, I have a complete loose Mummra and thats it. Im still working on the carded ones as I think that they display better in the boxes than anything else, but I am tempted to start getting the loose figs just to have them. I have toyed around with getting the loose ones, just like I toyed around with getting the loose Tuska I saw on ebay Mexico that was made by Macplay and had an all silver gun, but never did as my spanish is super rusty.

That is a heck of a sweet deal on that Lion-o, well done. I love getting deals like that, its such a rewarding feeling.

The catalogs would be a sweet addition to my collection.