ThunderCats Mini Comics

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Gerrit, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

All, with the recent ThunderCats line relaunch with Mattel, ThunderCats will finally start to come to life again .... "I think" and if MOTUC set a very good platform for the new TC's line, do you think a mini comic here and there (like in the MOTUC line) will be something you would like ? I certainly will love it!!

Daremonger likes this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am generally not a huge comics fan, but I would totally be excited for a Thundercats run!

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Mini comics would be pretty cool. I suppose though it depends on who writers them. I stopped collecting MOTUC before they started releasing the mini comics for them so I have no idea if they were any good.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'd be all for a ThunderCats mini-comic series as long as it has talented writers who love the franchise.

5. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I must say, the new Mini Comics we got with the MOTU line was awesome! I am more of an comic art guy, so for me the look was very important ... and I must say I liked them!!

6. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I will like if they go back in time a bit to show us more about Thundera before it was destroyed ... and then also maybe more about Grune and Jaga

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Me, too.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I loved getting minicomics with toys. Like with the old MOTU figures, the comics were my first introduction to He-Man. Same with Dino-Riders as I had a few of the toys and figures a couple years before I actually saw a couple episodes of the cartoon.
    What I really loved about the Toy Biz Marvel Legends figures was they didn't just come with a mini-comic they came with a full actual comic relating to the character.
    I am trying to think of other toy lines that had mini-comics. I know some NA He-Man figures had them and there was a space building construction toy line that also had them but I can't think of any others.

9. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Yeah, mini comics rocks, I think they just add so much value to the figure and the brand!

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I really must get around to buying that book of all the MOTU mini comics.

11. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

If they came with mini-comics, I don't think I could resist opening them....

Mark M likes this.
  12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would be my issue. I want to leave mine in the package but would want to read the comics!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's kind of a crime keeping cool figures in package. They should be opened and enjoyed. :D

14. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Enjoyment is relative. Whether I open them or not, I'm not going to be playing with them like a kid. They'd be display pieces either way.

15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I know there are staunch supporters both ways. If possible I like to open one and display one, but with the price point of the sub I will just be displaying I believe.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean.
    Yeah that is the best way. I can't afford two of everything so I settle on opening all of them and just keeping some packaging in the attic for pieces I really like.
    I remember getting the first MOTUC He-Man figure I couldn't help opening it and I remember having so much fun messing around posing him and thinking if only the original and 200X could have been like this. :rolleyes:
    The only figure I still have MISB is a USA Bravestarr figure. I ended up finding another one by chance here in the UK while I was still waiting on the USA one being delivered so I was able to open the UK one to play/pose with all the other figures.:biggrin

17. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I bought double of all the MOTUC figures in the beginning, but then it became very expensive after year 4 / 5, so I stopped buying double, but I always opened the ones with mini comics in ... except now I only have the one Laser He-man & Skeletor two pack and it's got two mini comics in, and i don't want to open it, because it's too expensive to replace :frown ... so I just read the comics at a friend. :biggrin

adssse likes this.