Thundercats Mini Transport Belt pics and questions

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by Copperkid, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

Well, i recently came across 2 of these believe it or not. I wanted to get some advice from you guys since i really haven't seen these much at all ever and think they're kinda rare at least. But one i found has a belt that's made of fabric and the other is like a shiny plastic belt. I'm pretty sure that the plastic belt is the original. Oh and by the way the plastic belt was from the somewhere in the UK and the fabric belt from the Netherlands. The fabric belt also doesn't have the weapons case. But anyways i was curious if anyone had any info or your opinions. also, the actual plastic that the belt clips are made of are kind of different. the one with the plastic belt has a smooth finish and the fabric belt one is more of a gritty or grainy texture but very fine. what are your thoughts? know of anyone or anywhere i can contact/check with online? thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

the plastic one is original for the reasons you stated. They are a little on the rarer side but not anything that would drive the price over 50.

3. kylefromdirtnapp

kylefromdirtnapp Vortex Explorer

Sweet! 'Roar was just telling me about these the other day!

4. ThunderColombia

ThunderColombia New Member

About the Belt.

[FONT=&quot]Hello.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Looking at some pictures on the internet, I found pictures of the Thundercats Belt, so I decided to collaborate with some information on the Belt.
    I do not know what place is the belt that is in your photos, but it seems that the rights to manufacture were some companies in the world, and that belt company also produce it in my country Colombia. This company was called TOYSA, and not only manufactured the belt, but as you can see some photos, also had the rights to make some dolls, shield, sword, claw and mask. I do not know if they would be entitled to make more toys, and I know very little about the company.
    The belt was manufactured more or less in the year 1987 and I imagine it had to be exciting for the children of that age have a toy of the Thundercats, because here in Colombia many people loved the series. I was born in the year that opened the Thundercats, so I could not enjoy until 12 years later when repeated in some local channels. I liked both the Thundercats, who until this day gives me great excitement to see them again so be on my DVD.
    Among my collection of the Thundercats, I have this belt, and seeing this forum, take a few photos to my belt to share them with you. As you can see the belt came with its own manual.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I hope I have helped somewhat.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If you have any questions, please write it and we will gladly answer them. :liono

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/FONT]
    Merged Post:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:liono

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  5. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Both versions are legit.. I have a boxed one (as seen in Thundercolombia's post) with the cloth belt and several lose ones.. all by TOYSA.

6. Panthro Hooo

Panthro Hooo Junior Member

It would be so sick for a serious collector to buy doubles for the belt and wear it full. Show up at thundercon with that and get a lot of attention.