Thundercats Minimates at SDCC!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by AlexofThundera, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Glass Walker

FYI these are up for order on AFX's website now! Just ordered mine! Sad that we are getting all of these characters in minimate form and not action figure form, but I'll take what I can get at this point! :liono

2. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

You know what I find the MOST interesting about these? The fact that after all these high priced statues, toys and collectables. It's these "mini" mates that somehow manage to capture the characters likenesses! Seriously! They actually LOOK like the characters from the 80's cartoon!!!

3. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Has anyone bought the Tank from SDCC??

4. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Glass Walker

I agree! I honestly wasn't even going to get these until I saw that they already showed two more waves at SDCC. The fact that they have even worked in the Wolf-Rat shows me that they are serious about getting out some of the previously un-made characters!

5. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

It's an irony...products based on the OS outsell the NS...

Anyway, the more i see these minimates the more they are growing to me, still i have to prioritize my purchases because i am pressed for money right now and we have some great goodies coming up, add to that the recent DC Statue line by SSC and i really have to narrow down my list to the most important for me;)

Unfortunately i don't see me buying them but i'd like to see your pics up

6. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

Yeah ok have these mini thing. Meanwhile where is Tygra????

7. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I have collected minimates for years and have over 400 of them....

...and to be frank about your comment, its because DST is a small enough company that they give a personal damn about their products. They WANT their stuff to be well received and sell well. they ARNT in the business corporate mass production. several of these "mini" mates can sell upwords of hundreds of dollars due to their rarity.

They are really fun to collect.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/

8. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

This isn't a surprise to me at all. I know I am going to ruffle a few feathers on here with the die hard NS supporters, but the fact is that 9 out of 10 Thundercats fans know and love all the characters from the OS. Whenever the official FB page posts something about Thundercats it's overwhelming how many responses I see with people talking about the OS and their fond memories of it. They want more stuff based off the OS.

I wish it weren't true, but the fact is the NS never came close to capturing the magic of the OS nor the LJN line of toys.

Anyways I've been going through other toy related forums lately to see all the SDCC stuff and the responses to the Thundercats mini mates has been great. People are very excited for these. Even guys that don't usually buy mini mates have admitted to being excited about the line. I believe DST has a home run on their hands with these. :)

9. dammagededdie

dammagededdie Junior Member

So I ordered my set, but it is only the ones pictured (lion-o, Jaga, etc...)

Are they going to release the others at a later time?

10. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

yes, at least 2 more box sets at future cons.
    Merged Post:
    Exactly, something to this effect doesnt happen very often.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  11. michaelm

michaelm Active Member

Minimates arrived today! They look fantastic.

12. Cheezey

Cheezey Laser Beast

Mine can't arrive fast enough. Hurry up, mailman!

13. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Glass Walker

I'm surprised no one's talking more about these. I just got the 2nd set of minimates - the Mutants - and they are fantastic! I love the detail! Looking forward to the next couple sets! Sounds like a 5th set with the new Thundercats could be possible if the others sell well enough!

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

DST have outdone Bandai, Mezco and the statue companies. Maybe they will make some 7" classic figures. :)

15. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

The new set was at the UK Toyfair and I think will be at the US toyfair next month!

Wily Kit and Kat
    Tygra
    Cheetara
    Tiny Berbil

Awesome! I hope we get everyone in this scale:

-Rataro
    -Jaga (Young and Old Regular version)
    -Lynxo
    -Pumyra
    -Bengali
    -Lunataks
    -Mole Man, Driller, or any other obscure third-earther
    -vehicles

16. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

I actually really like these too. I guess it shows how much i love thundercats that i'm buying these seeing as i am not a fan of minimates. I think the next packs should be

Lynxo
    Bengali
    Pumyra
    Jaguara
    snarfer

Tugmug
    Chilla
    Alluro
    Red eye
    Luna (amok would have to be done some other way?)

Hachiman
    Snowman
    Mandora
    Willa
    another berbil

the last one might not sell so well but it would round out some charaters. they could call it third earth allies or something.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I actually like those lineups quite a bit. I might like to see either Grune or Claudus as opposed to Jaguara though.

18. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

I think Grune is in the fourth pack but yeah Claudus would be good too.

19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Awesome! I was too lazy to look up who is in the fourth. This is shaping up to be a good line.

20. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

If I remember correctly the 4th pack is young lion-o and Jaga, transformed mum-ra and grune.