Thundercats Minimates at SDCC!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by AlexofThundera, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

Oh, Lord, I hope the mini figure is Kano! :thumbsup:

2. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

its ma-mutt i belive. sorry.

Gerrit likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I might start buying some of these Mini-mates, they appeal more to me than the big Mezco statues. I owned two of them and aside from displaying them they just stood there taking up room so I sold them.

4. Originalthundercatroar

Oh, no sorry required! Thank you for telling what it was! Ma-Mutt's mighty cute too. I can't wait to buy that set too. :thumbsup:

5. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, not sure whats going on with the weapons but these look sweet!

7. Originalthundercatroar

*jumps up and down* WhooHoo! You made my day! :D Those figures look terrific!!!!!:thumbsup:

After seeing that, I can't but wonder what else is coming because the sky is the limit now! Hopefully since there's more coming, they'll do this series until all the characters are done! I hope they put out a Hatchiman, Mandora, Snarfer, and Captain Cracker soon!

8. JackLMan

JackLMan Junior Member

weird how you can order this one but the supposed 4th set is nowhere to be seen..I wonder if they are swapping them or something.

9. Originalthundercatroar

I betcha' that we'll see them for pre-order in Amazon a little bit later in the year, and by then the paint and packaging will be finalized and everything.

I'm just jazzed that there's a ThunderCats line that hasn't been axed yet. It's like me and a fellow board member have discussed privately, there's an untold fortune waiting for people who would make toys based off of the original ThunderCats series, I just wish more companies would take the cue from the MiniMates people and fill that need.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Their is a fortune waiting for those who would make really good quality toys based off the original series....unlike Bandai.

11. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

I agree, whoever takes up thundercats classics and does it well (unlike bandai) will be selling like crazy....i know id buy 10 of each of whatever they make....

by the way anyone remember those clowns from BANDAI that introduced the new line of toys as well as the classics.......and their claims of how much BANDAI cared for the fans of the old show and how they were being very careful on how they handled the thundercats toy line....what a joke....

12. lipster

lipster Junior Member

So I have been collecting these minimates since the beginning and I got the sdcc 2013 set recently and I noticed that Mumm-ra the Everliving has a peg like Lion-o had for the claw. I wonder if they are going to make the 200x gauntlet/ evil claw and his sword. That would be pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  13. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

The line is long dead, but I just came across the official statement from DST posted earlier this year, so thought I will share it.

Feb 3, 2014

Anthony S:
    Chuck,
    I was heartbroken when I heard that the Thundercats Minimates were coming to an end after the Thundercats Ho! Box Set. Do you realize that the Lunataks were never offered as action figures before and I was hoping to finally be able to own these in the MInimates line. Can you do anything to help push these characters for release as the final Minimates Box Set (there were 6 Lunataks). Maybe you guys can do this as a convention exclusive or something to get all 6 in one set? Thanks!

DSTChuck: Sorry, but that was not our license, and the license has run its course, so I do not think there will be anymore Minimates. We kind of had to sneak the Ho set out at the last minute.

Feb 24, 2014

Eric Williams:
    Could you please reconsider and do a 6th set of Thundercats Minimates? I would love to have a set with figures like Snowman and Snowmeow, Hachiman, Madora, Claudus, and Hammerhand. Of course a set with Hammerhand and the Berserkers would be amazing! I will say thanks though for all the great Thundercats Minimates I have been able to purchase. I absolutely love them!!!

DSTChuck: Eric, we did not hold that license, it was held by Icon Heroes.

14. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

This is very sorry ... would have been so cool to have the Lunataks ... well at least we have a decent line up in this line!

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Of all the recent lines since the original LJN toys, the Mini-Mates have been the best in making most of the characters.

16. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I really want to get these, but it's horrible to have an incomplete line! The Lunataks would've been a great way to complete the line.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think I'd have preferred Shiner, Snowman, Snowmeow, Hachiman, Turmagar and Cracker.

18. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

I have been wanting to collect these for a while now but I can find everyone I am looking for except Adult Lion-O.