ThunderCats New Bandai toys- S-S-Slithe design has NOT been revealed!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by ThunderCat78, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ThunderCat78

ThunderCat78 Junior Member

Hey gang,

I was watching some great videos over on http://popculturenetwork.com/ from the NY Toy Fair, when I noticed this interesting sound bite:

The Bandai representative referred to the lizard character that comes with the basic villain vehicle as "a henchmen of S-S-S-lithe". So, the reptilian character everyone believes to be S-S-Slithe is infact, NOT S-S-Slithe, but rather a generic henchmen. For those of you who weren't happy about that toy being the new S-S-Slithe design, you can sleep a little better.

That means we have yet to see any reveals of the main mutants group, S-s-s-lithe, Monkian, Jackalman, or Vultureman.

2. Valdin

Valdin Junior Member

Thats great news!
    I know i was looking at one of the card back pictures and it had a picture of s-s-slithe, and it looked good. It was confusing to see that and then go back and see the lizard henchman. I either figured it was a henchman (hoping more like it), or it was s-s-slithe with goggles for flight.

The card back picture had the place holders for wily kit and wily kat.

Attached Files:

3. Valdin

Valdin Junior Member

I know its a drawing, but it looks close to the original

Attached Files:

4. ThunderCat78

Ahhh, good eye Valdin :)

I think the Slithe design will look much more like this concept sketch on this prototype packaging. This shows Slithe looking very close to the original design, so I would imagine classic T-Cats fans will be happy.

5. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Slithe looks like a frog. Wilykit and Wilykat look like thier 5.

It keeps getting worse and worse.

6. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Slithe looks very close to the original bar the longer fingers and toes..... Hes looks great..

Id like a closer look at WilyKit/Kat though.. But they do look cute :D

The more i see the more im getting excited.. Cat frikking wait.... :D

7. ASOE!

ASOE! Junior Member

I think it keeps getting better and better.

The Kats look adorable. Plus I did read that their age regression was to make this young Lion-O stand out more.

I am relieved that was not Slithe shown. As a major villain it was disappointing. That figure as a henchman I can live with.

8. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

I knew it! That's the Slithe I saw in the video in London ;D

I think that the reptilian henchman's design is lightly inspired by the Molemen.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  9. ThunderCat78

I think Wilykit and Wilykat look absolutely adorable! Do they have little bushy tails? It sort of looks like it in the box concept art (which is clearly not final). The Wilykat that's flying around the Tower of Omens doesn't appear to have a tail, but I wonder if the final designs will have fuzzy tails?

10. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

ThunderCats with tails is blasphemy around these parts, sir.

edit: they do look like tails. somebody boycott who ever is designing this stuff. no offense but i hope this line tanks, i have a feeling it will anyway.

long live 80s thundercats!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  11. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I actually didnt read the script. I know of some of the details though. I just really like the footage that was released last week. I know Snarf wasnt supposed to be in it, that would of been very bad. Theres just something about the test scene that excites me so much. Like I said before I think WB was on the right track.

If you ask me the Lion-O in the movie looks more like the new anime Lion-O. Thats why I dont get why people hate this but love the new anime designs.

I'm no longer going to put down the new series though. I'm just gonna stick to commenting on the classic line and ignore the 2011 sections.

12. Well, you do have a point about his hands and feet, but from what we see of his face and body, they are both faithful to the original and are not frog like in appearance. Plus, the henchman has a tail so it should be fairly safe to assume S-s-slithe will have one as well.

Frogs do not have tails.

13. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

I'm really digging the new Wilytwins design.