ThunderCats: Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by DrkStrikex105, Jul 19, 2012.

1. DrkStrikex105

DrkStrikex105 Mutant

Straight from there Facebook page

Mark your calendars! ThunderCats makes its debut on the Nintendo DS system on September 25. Play as Lion-O and take on Mumm-Ra and his forces of evil in this side-scrolling adventure that follows the storyline of the new animated series! Available where games are sold. So who is going to get it?

2. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

To be honest i don't have high hopes for this game, and from the looks of it ,it's gonna be a simple game made primarily for fanservice reasons, i don't thing the quality will have anything special.

Still, i might buy it for my young brother as a present:thumbsup:

3. Michael

Michael Mutant

hell, I'm going to buy a second hand DS JUST so I can buy this game and support the franchise. Who cares if it doesn't have the best graphics? I grew up with the Commodore 64 and remember the original Nintendo V Sega (as in Master System!) I LOVED my old Thundercats computer game on the Amiga, and I'm sure I'll spend a good few hours being entertained by this game too.

4. Terra Bemani

Terra Bemani Moleman

Game's been delayed again to 10/30/2012 on gamestop.com and amazon.com for america.

For the people in europe and such has the date changed around as much there? And if I had to buy a euro copy it would work in my american DS/3DS right? Or is there a 50hz/60hz issue like with tv's? I know it might be a stupid question but I just wanted to be sure.

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That's just sad, changing the date.

6. Gold Lion

Gold Lion Great Void Dweller

Why do you suppose the release has been delayed? They need more time to develop it? It doesn't look like it would even take that long to develop considering the graphics. I hope they have something planned, or else the game probably won't sell too well, being released four and a half months since the season ended.

7. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Like it matters? The show is still airing around the world. It might hurt the sales in the US but in all the other places? Neh.

8. Terra Bemani

Terra Bemani Moleman

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Congratulations Bandai, you messed up Thundercats in toy form and now in video game form. :lionomad:

10. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

11. Terra Bemani

Terra Bemani Moleman

Just wish there was at least a 3DS version. Adventure Time is getting a DS -AND- 3DS version of it's game and even a collectors edition too.

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

According to all the reviews it is terrible, with some claiming it seems like a GBA port.
    Thundercats 2011 has been messed up in all media, cartoon, toy line and video game. :mad:

13. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

Not trying to defend the game or toys, but what was the last good TV show-based game you played (minus anime ones)? I certainly haven't played one ever.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A good few to be honest.
    He-Man Defender of Greyskull, not amazing but I liked it.
    The Simpsons Game.
    Ghostbusers The Game. Not a TV show as such but i was pretty good.
    Same for G.I. Joe, not b any means amazing but kind of enjoyable.
    Does Transformers War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron count?
    I could name a few good anime TV show games I played but why are you not counting them, technically isn't NS Thundercats an anime?

15. hammy0924

I consider anime as something completely created in Japan. So shows like Teen Titans and Young Justice are NOT anime to me. And what I meant was, for however many good TV show games there are, there are 1000 terrible ones. Plus, ones based off kids' shows are barely ever above mediocre.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

True, although I am not a big fan of anime shows, I think they should just leave it to the japanese as it is never up to the same level.
    But in all honesty this game looks worse than the new He-Man game....I doubt this will rekindle or keep any interest in the franchise.

17. hammy0924

I'm not denying that. The only reason I'd get it is to support the show, which is my same outlook on the toys. And considering there were/are good shows with awful games doesn't make me think any less of anyone involved with the franchise just because the game isn't bad. I'm not arguing, just giving my side.

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Speaking of the toys I must say in all honesty the 4" figures are superior to the 6" figures. If you are going to support the line thats the line to get, the faults are a lot more clearer with the 6" figures.
    Also they are on clearance here at present all the 4" figures deluxes aswell are £2.99....the Thundertank is £11.99 and the tower £9.99.

19. hammy0924

They definitely are.