ThunderCats - Original Comic Art Gallery now online! :)

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by He-Fan, Jan 20, 2007.

1. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Hi everybody,

Just a quick note to all of you who visit this site to let you know that TCL's very own ThunderCats Original Comic Art Gallery is now online and ready to view! :)

Over the course of the past 6 months or so, I've been in contact with many collectors and dealers in the realm of original comic book artwork, discussing the possibility of displaying their art pieces here at TCL, and the positive responses that we've received have been overwhelming! Thanks to the scans that collectors have generously donated, we now have over 100 pages of artwork collected together for you guys to view, complete with information about each piece! :)

For UK fans, we've also had some generous donations to this gallery from a couple of artists themselves, namely Lee Sullivan and our good friend (and a member of these forums) Tim Perkins! :)

I'm very proud of this section, and hope that you guys will have fun viewing these beautiful pieces - http://www.thundercatslair.org/comics/gallery/gallery_index.html .

Enjoy! :)

Take care... :)

2. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

It's looking really great over there, He-Fan. Well done! :cheetaraveryhappy:

3. Wow, that is fantastic He-Fan! That is quite an impressive collection you have there. I love looking at concept art and old inkings. Keep up the great work.

4. He-Fan

Chris here...

Thanks for the positive comments, ladies, believe me when I say that they mean a great deal! :)

5. Tygra-wan

Tygra-wan Glass Walker

Chris -
    Seriously! You do ALOT of work for this website, and it looks GREAT! I know I appreciate all that you do (and everyone else on the team, for that matter), and I'm sure the other ThuderFans feel that, too. So thank you. -Pete

p.s. YOU GUYS ROCK!

6. He-Fan

Chris here...

Hey Peter, I'm sorry for not responding to these comments earlier. Thank you so much for all the praise, believe me when I say it means a great deal not just to me but to all of the team. We're all very proud of this site, and it means a lot to us to know that it gives pleasure to people! :)

Working on a site like this was a dream of mine for years - it's great to see it finally become a reality! :)

Stay tuned, because there's lots more exciting stuff to come from all of us involved in TCL! :)

7. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

sweet! I really like these b/w pieces, gives u a look at the raw art :)

8. He-Fan

Chris here...

Yeah, that's basically my feeling - I love some of the really big scans we have hosted, which allow you to actually make out some of the brush strokes in the ink! :D

9. Tim Perkins

Tim Perkins Junior Member

Fantastic Website Revamp.

Wow, I have just had a look at the newly revamped website and seen what you have done with the galleries sections...It really is a credit to you and looks superb.

Sorry it's been a while, but this has been a very busy period for me.

Hope you guys are all feeling fit and well.

I'll write a longer piece for you all soon.

Regards,
    Tim...
    :slythe:

10. He-Fan

Chris here...

Hey Tim, fantastic to see you! :)

No problems, Tim - thank you for the kind words, and thank you for all your kindness and support! :)

11. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

hmmm, i'm gonna have to find out who this tom li guy is so i can fight him for THIS!

is there a section here for original art that never made it to print? i picked up a tcat piece by tone rodriguez when he was w/ wildstorm a few yrs ago.

12. He-Fan

Chris here...

I agree with you that that is an amazing piece, one of my favourites from our gallery - glad you like it! :)

Yep, there certainly is! :) That would be the Miscellaneous section of our Original Comic Art Gallery - http://www.thundercatslair.org/comics/gallery/misc/index.html . The only real criteria for inclusion in there is that the artist has to be at least semi-pro and have had work published somewhere. If you'd like us to host the piece that you have, I'd *love* to see it and it sounds like it would qualify for inclusion - please feel free to drop me a line if you'd like it added, my e-mail is he-fan@thundercatslair.org . :)

13. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

ok. i'll see get it to you as soon as i scan it in.

14. He-Fan

Chris here...

Wow, that's *brilliant* - thank you so much! I'm looking forward to seeing it, it sounds awesome! :)