Thundercats products interest

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Lordore, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

We are all experiencing over the last few months and weeks an impending overflow of Thundercats products either on Statues or Action Figures.

One thing is for sure, our excitement has gone over the top! that's why I thought it would be useful to make a Poll concerning all the Thundercats products which are about, some already have, to inundate the market.

We want to see which company appeals to you mostly and you will probably focus on.:thumbsup:

For those who are looking for images:
    Bandai (Classic - 8 inch): http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/Spideristic/ThunderCats/bandai_lion-o_classic.jpg
    Pop Culture Shock (1/4 scale - 32 inch including Sword and base): http://www.thundercatslair.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Lion-O-statue1.jpg
    Hard Hero (1/7 scale - 14 inch including Sword and base): http://www.thundercatslair.org/merchandise/statues/sideview_500px.jpg
    Icon Heroes (6 inch): http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RpNBtMhylrk/TKEIqxBDDZI/AAAAAAAAALU/kglMgr2halc/s1600/DSC_00089.jpg
    Mezco (14 inch head to toe): http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_51kOnJK3Uoc/TURxozEHD1I/AAAAAAAAAG8/pY_HRROt-Ws/s1600/liono.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  2. Synthalus

Synthalus Junior Member

The 8" Classic Collector line from Bandai!
    I can't wait to see the prototype pictures of Lion-O and Tygra :thumbsup:

Mezco is the 2nd line. I really love the look of the 14" Lion-O figure. They really captured his look perfectly imo.

3. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Mezco as theyre stunning.

Bandai is a nono for me so far so right at the bottom!.. Judging by the look of there released pictures im not getting too excited about the classic line..

4. Jaga86

Jaga86 Junior Member

The more the better providing they are in the UK at reasonable prices!

5. Bandai gets the vote just on the magnitude of what they are offering (not really the product quality). Mezco's is interesting, but the points of articulation are starting to sound sucky, especially if its rotocast like Tytus from MOTUC was (and I'd believe it for the price).

If SSC got a hold of doing a really high end line for Thundercats I'd drop everything for those figs. I really, REALLY hope this happens.

6. Saint Doyle

Saint Doyle Crabman

I only recognize a few of these brands in association with Thundercats. Bandai is doing the toy line for the new series as well as the classics line, I think. Hard Hero and Icon Heroes do statues, right? What do the other two companies make?

7. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I'm not a fan of ANY of those companies. I think Warner is trying to spread out the license in an attempt to cash in due to quantity instead of quality, and that sucks. This happend with the MOTU 200x line. They should have learned from that and went the MOTUC route.

8. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Mattel didn't really spread the license during MOTU 200X? It was just one line, with the 4H doing statues and stactions after the line ended?

How does that compare with Warner licensing out the ThunderCats brand to other companies?

And no offense to MOTU fans (because I am one of them), but Mattel's $20 figures (+tax+shipping) aren't that high quality either with the loose joints, reverse shoulders, poor paint apps. I'd rather pay $16, get it at retail, and not have to deal with Digital River's poor service.

The sculpts are amazing...the end product not so much.

9. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

What I meant was that it seems they are gonna saturate the market the way Mattel did with 200x. At the end your gonna be left with new Tcats stuff at the 1$ bargain bin.

Also, I've heard MOTUC figs are some of the sturdiest and durable, with extremely tight joints.

10. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Tell that to my She-Ra, Man-At-Arms, and Wun-Dar figures. You've heard about it...I've experienced it first hand. They can barely stand up, even with the Grayskull stands. I have ALL the figures out to date.

And Mattel saturated the market with He-Man and Skeletors, that's why it failed. Put out more than just the standard 2 figures, and Bandai will be fine.

11. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I see the Poll is going pretty well! I am a bit surprised though! We can infer that Bandai has the edge which i have to admit caught me by surprise. I was anticipating the older fans to vote for Hard Hero or Pop Culture!! For many reasons, like the quality of these Statues, the nostalgia factor reminiscing us vividly the 80s Cartoon or the imposing feature attributed to them.

It's quite reasonable for the New fans to opt for Bandai or Mezco, even though only a few things have been revealed about Mezco's plans in producing Thundercats.

I voted for Hard Hero but i have a penchant for Pop Culture's Lion-o and Mumm-Ra. I believe Jerry's versions will be primarily supported by the Statue fans, generally speaking. From what i see in the Statue Forum Site, they love both of them and have picked them as top priorities!

Icon Heroe's has fall behind...

I am interested to see more opinions expressed through the Poll;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  12. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I'm still liking Hard hero's statue line as far as Nostalgia is concerned. Don't think I will buy any new Thundercats merchandise aside from maybe a classic Lion-O but thats about it. Really weird for me to write this given that I would of hit myself over the head if I read this a couple of years ago lol! but I love the sentimental aspect more than the new stuff so thats where the focus will probably be for me. However, I am proud and happy that Thundercats is finally here for everyone to enjoy :)

13. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

to tell you the truth Lord Lion-o i share the same feelings with you about Bandai's thundercats...I guess i will be buying them at some point but i am not so anxious to get them right off the bat.

Mezco is still a mystery for me, i'd like to see more pics and characters.

If Icon Heroes suddenly backs down i won't be knocked off my feet

14. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Bandai. Mainly because of the positive expirience I've had with their Ben 10 line. Also because they should be the easiest, and cheapest to get..money's an issue nowadays ain't it? xD

Followed by Mezco, wich is also easier to get.

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I see your point , money is always an issue and will be a dominant factor.

I am very curious to see if the young kids who aren't versed in the Thundercats world yet are going to love the toys,as we did 25 years ago, or treat them as a passing fad...

16. Animal Warrior

Animal Warrior Junior Member

I really like the statues being produced by Hard Hero, but they're way to expensive for me to get, so I don't think I'll get them.
    I'll still wait to see what BanDai's 8'' line looks like. Whenever we see clear shots of these, I'll decide.

17. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Coming from the Ben 10 fandom, the new T-Cats will capture the kids attention just as much, and who knows, maybe even capture their hearts and minds of like the original did in the 80's and 90's. And if the show is anything like it's predecessor, it'll be loved by kids beyond their childhood.

18. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

I went with Mezco as I really like the looks of the Lion O. I would love to have the statues but they are out of my price range.:(

19. Bengali, I have to back Manny up on this (I have every figure from Webstor onwards, but mine are MOC, not loose). Just watch most any Pixel Dan review video and you'll hear him mention loose joints, bobble head (female figures) and some other issues. These problems have been all over the forums. I didn't collect the 200x line, but the story I've consistantly heard as to why it failed is the one Manny mentioned above.

Now, Manny....does ANYBODY have a contact at WB about that Thundercats license? I'm really wanting to know if they would consider a high $$$ Sideshow line. Probably not now, but maybe when the HH license expires. They could do about 1000 pieces of each one and I really down in my bones feel like it would sell out like the Joe line has:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Not even just amongst Thundercats fans, but I think you'd have Sideshow collectors snapping some up too. Just wondering/hoping that with this new show and Bandai line coming out, it opens up some doors of communications to the powers that be so we can get some ideas over there from the fan community.

Edit - Also anyone considering the Mezco Lion-O should probably pre-order him from BBTS and do it before they potentially raise the price on him. The Mezco store has him listed at $38.00. BBTS still has him for pre-order at $33.99

http://www.mezcotoyz.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=918

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  20. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Mezco for me, as their line is likely to be focused only on the classic look. I hope they release more figures.

Bandai's larger focus will be to produce figures based on the new 2011 series. Of course still looking forward to those.

I still haven't bought any Hard Hero statues yet, because I can't afford them right now. Also though I like their classic look, my reaction to the entire line is mixed. The only one I really want to own is Tygra, because they nailed the look. Mummy Mumm-Ra is pretty damn cool as well.

Pop Culture Shock is too expensive for me, I am not too happy with fierce look of Lion-O, but overall the statue look and detailing is awesome. And their upcoming Mumm-Ra looks great too.

Cool thread Lordore.