ThunderCats Rewatch Episode 1-2 Discussion

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Rizefall, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Can't say I noticed the transformation line.

2. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

I think it was. One of the things was to keep it as close to the original as possible so they yet again sent it to a Japanese Studio.

Now, it's possible that they did CG some parts of it. The eyes, vehicles, energy blasts and what not was done with CG, but Id say most characters are handdrawn/Photoshop drawn and perhaps that some additional touch up happened on the computer.

3. Rizefall

As it's almost time for a new thread I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the pilot. For me it's an easy 9/10.

There are some issues if you dig into it (which big fans usually do because they like it so much) but if you look at the whole package I'd say this is a fenomenal start. Great sound, great direction, looks good, voice actors sound amazing and I think it's a great start to the story.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What I meant is that I believe it is not done with cell animation like older cartoons.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, I would agree on that.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

So with it being done digitally adding the symbol should not have been a problem.

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I believe that Dan mentioned at one point that it was a conscious decision not to have the insignias as it had to do with the storyline.

8. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Presumably this is something that would have been addressed in the second season. If they'd had one.

Oh, and something else that's just occurred to me. Throughout the series, the cats use "whiskers" as an expletive - it actually does have a precedent in the original, in the episode "Berbils" (the original episode remember), when Wilykat says, I think, "stones my whiskers - these are boulders!"

9. Rizefall

Was not the symbols supposed to be something that could come later? I can't remember but i think i read that somewhere during the run of the show.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think Dan Norton etc all used the explanation of it being explained in the second season as their 'get out of jail free card'. Personally I think it's just lazy animation.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I remember that. Although I think that was the only use of it in the original series. It is much more annoying in the 2011 series.

Wilycub likes this.