ThunderCats Rewatch Episode 5-6 Discussion

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Rizefall, May 8, 2016.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

So far I have to go with Lion-O as my favorite followed closely by Grune.

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have already started watching 7-8.

3. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Hello! I've not been able to put up the newest episode discussion because the site was having problems. Right on it now though.

4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I know I am way behind as life has been super busy.

Old Friends
    I found it interesting that both Thundercats and Mumm-ra's army use Thundrillium as power as opposed to the old series.

I am still trying to figure out the significance of tails. We have seen the kittens with tails and now Panthro in the flashbacks, while others do not.

It seems odd at the beginning that Lion-O and Tygra are speaking of Panthro's looks as if they were expecting something different when they are shown in flashbacks with him as well as seeing his picture at the ceremony when Grune returns in the premier.

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's a good point.

6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That is a good point you make. Didn't the Lunataks also use Thundrillium to power Sky-Tomb in the original series? My memory of anything related to the Lunataks is hazy. Probably because I might have subconsciously repressed those particular memories. LOL! ;)

adssse and Mark M like this.
  7. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

The Lunataks did indeed use Thundrillium, and lots of it.

adssse and Wilycub like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am still puzzled how Grune in the old series was able to forge his Mace/Battle Club out of Thundranium.

Wilycub and LiamABC like this.
  9. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

As great and enjoyable as that episode was, it raised too many questions and contradictions.

Mark M and LiamABC like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah the whole being banished from Thundera, yet he died on Third Earth centuries before the Thundercats arrived.

11. LiamABC

That part may or may not be a problem depending on how long they took to get from Thundera to Third Earth in the suspension capsules. Is "ten galacto years" a reference to the journey time or the amount they aged within the capsules?

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Maybe the Thunderains have a long life spans. A galacto year could maybe be equal to x amount earth years.

13. LiamABC

I think a "galacto year" could be some standardised intergalactic measurement of time, based on the fact that the length of a year varies according to what planet you're on.

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree.

15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I wonder how long it was between Claudus telling Grune and Panthro about the book and when they left to search for it? When Claudus tells them and about Lynxo being general Panthro has no hair, no eye scar and has his tail while Grune still has both teeth. When they leave on their journey they appear in their more grizzled forms we are accustomed to.

16. LiamABC

That's a good question. Considering that Panthro later tells the story of how Grune is alleged to have got his sabretooth and doesn't sound like he was around when it happened, this could be a slip-up on the part of the animators.

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I believe Panthro was with Grune during that time because when telling the story he made a comment to the effect that he prepared for the end.

Mark M likes this.
  18. LiamABC

Maybe. I can't remember now!

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am pretty sure you are correct. Panthro and Grune were both facing Spidera and Panthro prepared to be killed while Grune ripped out his own tooth to stab Spidera.

adssse likes this.
  20. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yup, sounds right to me. I liked the explanation as it gave some further character to Grune's barbaric nature.

Mark M likes this.