ThunderCats Roar Announced

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Roar (2019)' started by tone, May 18, 2018.

1. tone

tone Junior Member

Looks like ThunderCats are getting the Teen Titans GO! Treatment. There's a new series coming in 2019, ThunderCats Roar

Animation looks similar to the amazing World of Gumball.
    Here's the link. There's a video embedded with more info including a profile of the creator. Watch before reading the rest of my post.
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/18/cartoon-network-thundercats-new-animated-series/

So, a couple things.
    1. I was all set to hate this immediately. But while I don't watch that show, TTG revitalized interest in the Teen Titans. This could spark a renewed interest in ThunderCats by creating a new generation of fans.
    2. Those fans will probably pretty rapidly be looking to create a wiki for the show and also look for places of fandom, should the show prove to be a hit. So maybe a sub under shows to get ahead of that is a good idea, too.

adssse and Mark M like this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I know there were most certainly be those fans who are opposed to the Thundercats Roar (TR) reboot, but I am honestly excited about it. I am passionately a fan of both the Classic and 2011 reboot. This is taking a very different direction, but I welcome it and cant wait to find out more.

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I saw a taste of the show through its opening. I have to admit that I cracked up a bit by how they said "ThunderCats" at the end. :)

4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I'll have to reserve judgement until I see the show, but I will say I don't understand why they chose to do ThunderCats in this style. It's SO overdone, SO over-used. What I keep hearing, in defense of the show's style, is that it's for kids. Well, who do people think the '85 show meant was for??

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

In the 80's there was a lot of amazing studios producing quality animation for so many wonderful shows. Thundercats , Transformers, Bravestarr, TMNT, MASK, Ghostbusters, He-Man, G.I. Joe etc.
    Sadly this is the current style of animation that is popular now and being marketed to children.

6. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Moleman

This looks fucking horrendous. And an insult.