Thundercats Statues by Hard Hero [Updated with First Photos]

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Vivek, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Rob Potts from Hard Hero posted the following message on few of the statue forums. I read it on statueforum.com

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=89963
    http://www.hardhero.com/gallery.html
    This is such great news for Thundercats fans and collectors :). To get an idea of statues by Hard Hero take a look at the gallery link above.

Here are few examples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  2. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Sweet! I'd love a Jaga statue for my work desk. Maybe some of that "wisdom" will rub off on me.

3. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

I hope this takes off and becomes a line, that would be great. What kind of price are these statues normally?

4. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Posted on the front page! Awesome news! Thanks for the heads up Vivek!

As a statue collector, I will be ALL over this line! We'll definitely have photos up on the site when these are released.

5. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

Looking forward to seeing some initial prototypes! Hopefully they will be "affordable." I notice they also make busts, perhaps we'll see a few of each?

Good times ahead!

6. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

You're welcome Manny. Considering the complicated legal hassles with the licensing of the Thundercats franchise, I am really surprised that Hard Hero managed to grab the license to produce Thundercats statues. And with the upcoming Thundercats In Your Pocket, I am guessing some breakthrough has taken place in the merchandise licensing department of Thundercats.
    Rob, these are usually priced between $150-$250. And are mostly in the scale of 1:6. They should be 12 inches, but for characters in dynamic poses the complete statue size would be 14 or 15 inches.

7. TrimmTrabb29

TrimmTrabb29 Guest

I hope they decide to do them in a 6" scale, like the MOTU Stactions. That would be sweet!

8. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I can't see me buying them because of having nowhere to display them properly (unfortunately), but I'm sure when they're released I'll drool all over them! ;)

Now, if these were action figures coming out, I'd be a happy (but potentially broke) man! :D

Take care... :)

9. upinout

upinout Active Member

While I find it encouraging that there are new TC products on the horizon, I don't particularly care for statues. I'll pass on these and continue hoping for new figures.

still, I'm looking foward to seeing images of these when they surface. It will be cool to see how they turn out.

I wonder if the artists designing them will take some liberties with the character designs. Will they look exactly like the old cartoon characters, or will they be detailed and updated, like the MOTU stactions.. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

10. JimmyP$Hayes

JimmyP$Hayes Active Member

This is such GREAT news! New Thundercats products!!!! I own a couple of Hard Hero statues, and they always deliver top notch stuff. Can't wait to see these-hopefully they'll show something at SDCC. And, even better, hopefully this means that some of the legal issues with Thundercats have been resolved and we'll get to see more toys/stuff coming up!

11. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

I'm thinking we'll (finally) see something Thundercat related at SDCC this year.

I'm not entirely sure how the fanbase will react to a $200 statue line however. I think they are very smart to corner the adult collector as opposed to the toy market although I think the price point might be a bit too high, especially for those fans who aren't accustomed (or simply can not afford) to drop a few hundred dollars on a new collectible.

As a collector of Gentle Giant, I'm thrilled with this news however! High end collectibles are much nicer to display than a thousand action figures! (Of course, I do have all of my Thundercats on display)

12. Mark / Grizzlor

Updated the front page with additional information! Busts! Yay! :thumbsup:

13. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

This is really great news! Yet another reason to look forward to SDCC! I'm very happy to hear they are going to produce busts as well, especially since they will display well and be a lot cheaper :)

I'm sure I'll be collecting both however - new Thundercats will do that to a collector!

14. JimmyP$Hayes

JimmyP$Hayes Active Member

HH has done quite a few statues where the bases hook together to create one GIANT mural-like statue. I wonder if they'll do this with the Thundercats?
    -My employee is going to SDCC, he's emailing me pictures and he gets in during setup, so I told him to keep an eye on the HH booth and email me pictures when/if he sees something.

15. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

Very cool! Imagine some of the combos!

• Mumm-ra vs Lion-O
    • The 3 Mutants
    • Jaga vs Grune (chase version which has them fighting back to back with Thundercat Grune)

Just imagine!

16. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

it begins....

it's finally happening! new thundercats stuff! i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

17. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Fantastic! I can't wait to see them when they're done! I might not be able to afford them, but at least it's great to know they're coming. :thumbsup:

Did Hard Heroes give an estimate as to when the statues will be out on the market? :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  18. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I'm actually not too excited about it. For some reason I think they'll look rather generic. Hopefully they'll make a Lion-O that looks like the neca He-Man statue.

19. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Small update from Rob

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=89963&page=17
    Manny, since you will be attending Comic Con, hope you can scoop some exclusive details and pics :cool:.

20. Mark / Grizzlor

I hope so too! I sent Rob an email, but he hasn't replied back. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to get some great news at SDCC! I have my iPhone in one hand and a Flip MinoHD in my other!