Thundercats Statues by Hard Hero [Updated with First Photos]

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Vivek, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Yeah, either I totally missed this or they just recently added the statue, but it was not at the Diamond Select booth yesterday. Oh well, glad it was at a major booth, it deserves a lot of attention. The reception from the crowd at the convention was incredibly positive.

I have a video that will be up shortly that should give a better look at the statue. Should be up in the next couple of hours. :D

3. Lynx-O

Lynx-O Glass Walker

simply awesome!

4. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I still don't know. Am I the only one that thinks he looks too much like the Lion-O from the recent comics (style wise) as opposed to the 80's original anime feel? Its like they haven't captured the full essence of what embodies the character we all grew up with.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  5. Mark / Grizzlor

Here's the official video we are using: http://vimeo.com/5754766

Youtube compressed the video too much.

You can see the embedded version on the main page of the site as well.

6. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I think they should have gone closer to the traditional color scheme as its more identifiable with the character and brand. This screams Lion-O / Thundercats! The other, not so much.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  7. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Nice.. the darker red hair color will definitely suit better.

It was good to see the close up of the statue.. thanks for the video Manny.

8. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Yes, great coverage of the statue. Thanks Manny!:D

9. Lil'Leo

Lil'Leo Active Member

I think it's awesome!!! Looks just like my old Lion-O action figure (hopefully gathering dust in a storage room somewhere). Really brings back memories. I think they did a great job rendering it. :thumbsup:

WANT IT!!!!! :jaw: Can't afford it, though. :(

10. Synthalus

Synthalus Junior Member

I'm not collecting any statues, but this new Lion-O statue sure is very tempting to get. It looks really cool XD

11. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Looks good but I would like to see the price around $150

12. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

yeah i know its said around $229 somewhere, but is that confirmed or any inclination as to the cost? also i'm not familiar with scale, about how tall is this thing?

13. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Its 14 inches high from Base bttm to tip of sword. I kinda wish it was a bit bigger in scale but then again, we are looking to get the other characters and I don't want it too cramped so its a win-win :)

14. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=89963&page=40
    Paul has now confirmed that he is currently working on sculpting Cheetara.

Now I am curious as to what did he mean by they don't have much time with the Thundercats license. Perhaps it expires by the end of 2010.. I hope not :eek:.

15. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I just hope we get the main cast in statue form before the lisence expires, here's hoping!

16. lovely09

lovely09 Guest

What is the size of each statue?I wonder how big they are.Really fantastic to create these stuff.The designers give the best creativity.I love it.

17. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Hey, anyone know where you can get one of those spinning bases that turn the Lion-O Statue on the you tube video?

18. Mark / Grizzlor

Just received word from Hard Hero that Lion-O is expected to start hitting stores and mailboxes around January 10th. There can always be shipping and mail delays so don't expect it to be punctual. But they're ON THEIR WAY!

19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

That's really good news,the official date is March 2010!

20. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Great, I can't wait to finally get him but I'm actually even more excited about Cheetara! And also the reveal of the next Statue!!!