Thundercats Statues by Hard Hero [Updated with First Photos]

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Vivek, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

So Lion-o statue should be coming one of following days? Does anyone know when? I am checking out almost everyday at Hard Hero's site but he is still on "preorder". I don't thing he will be ready for January and maybe we will have to wait for March :lionomad:

2. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

We're hearing that January is still a go... a few days to go before we know for sure.

3. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I am a big Lion-o fan and and i've focused most of my LJN figures and -now- statue collection on Lion-o, so i am impatiently waiting for the release. Grizzlor at your previous post you mentioned calling Hard Hero and they told you for around mid-January release. How come so early? Especially if the statue is advertised on most sites for March 30,2010

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. Mark / Grizzlor

Well like any company that has accepted pre-orders, Hard Hero wants everyone to get their statues as soon as they become available. To cover the risk of development delays or problems with shipping etc. I understand that statue companies like Hard Hero will set a conservative date for shipping the finished statues so that stores and pre-order buyers can be assured they'll have the statues on time.

In this case Hard Hero has completed the production process for Lion-O without running into problems so customers get their statues in January as opposed to March. Luckily you won't have to wait much longer.

5. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I see, thanks a LOT for the update. So we should be expecting them in good time!! I asked about a week ago a local comic-statue store here in Greece and they said for February,anyway i don't consider this source reliable,thankfully i have placed my order,since September from the internet! Many thanks

6. Mark / Grizzlor

Well no problem just remember that this site doesn't officially speak for Hard Hero and we're just passing on information that comes to us. It could be that the statues do hit an unexpected delay but based on what we've heard it looks good for January.

I see you're located in Greece and I know Hard Hero is only shipping within North America. How did you arrange for your statue to be shipped?

7. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I know that. I had e-mailed Hard Hero when they first put up Lion-o on their site so as to pre-order it directly but unfortunatelly they answered me that they could't dispatch in Greece. I don't know why. I found and made my pre-order from Big Bad Toystore the limited and signed version and also the regular one from Forbiden Planet a UK site.

8. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I'm REALLY hoping its coming this month. I'm so excited and can't wait to see it on my doorstep already!!! As for Cheetara, I actually think I'm even more excited to get her (if that even makes sense) but I think the notion that we're finally getting some beautiful Thundercats statues is getting my panties in a bunch lol! Any word on when we can get a glimpse of the next statue?

9. Mark / Grizzlor

We can confirm that the Lion-O statues have made their way to the Hard Hero offices and they will now start the process of charging cards for the balance owing and will begin shipping the statues in a matter of days. This could take up to 10 days or more depending on the volume or orders plus a few days for shipping so hang tight everyone, it is happening.

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

My card was charged so I'm hoping they start shipping within the next two weeks. Of course anyone who ordered the signed AP would probably receive theirs soon after the non-signed statues are sent out.

Oh and I just checked the site and it clearly states.... ITS SHIPPING!!!

Thundercats HO!!!!!!

500 Limited Editions

100 signed AP
    100 AP (none signed)

Jan 19th, 100 signed AP. No more Reg AP on HH site. ???

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  11. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

That's really good news! Just checked it out myself too! I've been waiting for this day! Hope to get hold of them very soon!:thumbsup:

12. Mark / Grizzlor

13. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

That is so exciting! Really interesting seeing the sketch ideas they were considering. I kinda think the first one is a pretty cool pose. I'm the only one here who thought Paul Bennett would be slightly older or am I just getting old lol! Great Job!!!

14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I totally agree, Lion-o concept 1 at this dynamic straight pose would also be very cool. Maybe for a future reference, just for mentioning it one Lion-o alternative outfit i would love to see coming out as a statue is from The Anointment trials last part, at the ceremony where the lord is wearing the crown and the red cowl.. Really nice caption of Paul Bennett at his full craftsmanship! Hope to get the statue very very soon,the place set for Lion-o on my house is already polished and shined and anxiously waiting!! Unfortunatly even though i had pre-ordered it early, since September my card hasn't been charged yet and i expect a certain delay for dispatch to my country.
    It would be great to hear the first impressions of the first guys who get it, let us know:liono

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  15. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

Those are really cool images. Thanks for posting them :)

16. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Hey Robb, any hints as to who's next in the line up? Perhaps some "work in progress" shots of the next character? :)

17. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

The Lion-O Artist Proof with Signature is shipping. Luckily mine had not been shipped out yet as they don't deliver to PO boxes but that is what was on my shipping address. But it should be going out the door today or tomorrow.

I ordered mine on 9-29. So orders before that should be on the way.

18. Mark / Grizzlor

By the way guys, have received word from Hard Hero that there was a total of 1000 limited edition Lion-Os created for the line.

19. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

20. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator