Thundercats vehicles requests and playset

Discussion in 'Super7 ThunderCats Toys' started by 2011thundercatshooo, Oct 1, 2019.

1. tone

tone Glass Walker

I came across one some months back and passed precisely because of the lion-o. I'd briefly considered getting it anyway and trying to mod it, but in the end I just decided it wasn't worth the effort for the price.

2. jabus

jabus Barbarian

You know theres a Hot Wheels Thundertank now, right?

3. tone

tone Glass Walker

Yep, I think I even posted the first pic on here. I have that, the pencil topper, the LJN, the Buddy L, and the funko dorbz one. I don’t have the other RC, and I also don’t have (and don’t want) the Argentinian one. I feel like I’m forgetting one more that I have but I would have to go look.

Edit: ok I checked, nope that’s it. I’d like to add the RC one but that shows up in a blue moon at prices above my oxygen level.

2nd edit because I have issues: first, I forgot to mention the various mexican bootlegs, I have none, no real interest. And there is a thundertank I don't have, the polystone statue by Icon Heroes. That one also never shows up. I'd consider that my white whale, just like a Mexican bootleg translucent Panthro.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  4. 13977

13977 Active Member

As cool as they'd be I'd have to pass on all vechicles and playsets, they'd just be too expensive for me, I can barely justify buying the figures at this price.

motogp_fanatic and Mark M like this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Wasn't there a Thundertank in a race track set.

tone likes this.
  6. motogp_fanatic

motogp_fanatic Active Member

We are on tbe same boat, these are really expensive toys and even in MOTUC I wasn't able to get any beast except Battle Cat(for obvious reason, it is Battle Cat) or vehicle (except Wind Raider that I also have to give up).But It is the Thunder Tank, the one vehicle the Thundercats that is the MOST essential.As a kid I never had one and i will try my best to get it if it will be done.

I wish you to be able to get it too.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

7. tone

tone Glass Walker

Yep, the tyco race set, Race to the Eye of Thundera.
    I always forget that one. It’s more attainable than the Icon Heroes statue. But it has Lion-O molded into the driver’s seat. So, that one was also not a fit for what I want in my collection.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Just get it and pretend Panthro is in the gunners seat. ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

I would prefer a cat's lair or a castle plundar over a Thundertank any day. If snake mountain was around $700 USD I would spend up to $1000 USD For a cats lair or castle plunder in a similar scale. Basically snake mountain flipped on its side (tall instead of wide).

Don't get me wrong, the Thundertank is great but imagine having a massive cats lair or even better a castle plundar to display the figures on and around as your centerpiece, amazing!

I will be first one to complain that the cost for even the figures is too high (I live in Canada so even higher cost than USA). But getting the chance to own a modern large scale cats lair or castle plunder would be a once in a life time opportunity, I would not pass it up.
    Worrying about the credit card bill is future selfs problem. Lol

:tygra:

Sebastiaan and motogp_fanatic like this.
  10. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Couldn't agree more, well said.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Glad somebody feels the same way as I do. I’d much rather have a Cats Lair first - but that said, I think buyers will be easily lured to get the tank and in having that, be much easier persuaded to add the lair than the other way round. I mean with Motu the castle came after the vehicles (most of them anyway).

Mad Bubbler likes this.
  12. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Very true my good friend.

After watching the interview with Brian where he discusses thundertank, his size is just ridiculous, its not that i don't want a tank at all but being able to fit all core characters inside seems silly to me. i would settle with the 2 upfront and one in the back. I guess i would rather have the figures displayed on a layer then hidden in the back of the tank.

Obviously i am buying whatever they put up for sale in the order it is available, and i think you are right, if Super 7 can trick everyone into buying a tank first then naturally the internet will complain about not having a cats lair to park the tank inside. Then maybe we will get one at the end of the line, i don't mind waiting for a good thing.

As with all thundercats toy lines in the past my greatest fear is that this line will be cut short before we get ALL characters. When i saw the MOTUC figures reach out to 3rd and 4th class characters I can only dream that this line does the same. The vehicles and bases would be the cherry on top for sure.

13. motogp_fanatic

To be honest, if I can complete the main hero and villains, having the tank and lair in any form is already a dream come true for me. Just keep em going Super7.

Mad Bubbler and Sebastiaan like this.
  14. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Vortex Explorer

I will be in for anything that's well done, but I really want a tank more than anything as I never got the original. It is my holy grail. If they made it true to scale that would be mind blowing.

Castle Plundarr or Mumm-Ra's pyramid would be more fun to me than Cat's Lair, but definitely less likely. In a perfect world I would want a Thundertank, Nose Diver, Sky Cutter, Flying Machine, Cat's Lair, Pyramid, and Castle. Even in a perfect world I can't see a Feliner, Thunderclaw, Hovercat, Thunderstrike, Whisker, various spaceships, Ratstar, Berskerker ship, Sky-Tomb, Fistpounder, or Lunatak vehicles. Though I'd buy them all!

15. Sebastiaan

I know some vehicles might be ludicrous to expect BUT I certainly would be all for similar dioramas such as the Kit&Kat one for the interior of Mumm-Ra’s tomb, the exterior of Castle Plundarr, the interior or exterior of Sky-Tomb and the Tower of Omens. That would be superb!!!!

16. Sebastiaan

I created a mockup of this idea.
    [​IMG]

shortfuse, jabus and Ianm1225 like this.
  17. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I'd love to see at least a Thundertank and Snow Meow out of this line. Cat's Lair would be awesome, but I have no idea where I'd put it!

18. Sebastiaan

Blasphemy! One should MAKE space! Throw out a family member

Mad Bubbler and jabus like this.
  19. jabus

jabus Barbarian

I'm stoked at the idea of the possibility of what we will be able to get outside of figures. I just dread at how much all thats gonna cost hehe. Be nice to see them maybe tackle one of the smaller vehicles first (Nose Diver/Sky Cutter/ThunderClaw/Hovercat.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  20. motogp_fanatic

Hmmm..........

Sebastiaan likes this.