Thunderkittens Arrival Thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Gerrit, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I would also like to see how it would look. I'm ok with mine as is, but I'm sure it could look better with the brown sleeve.

2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Not as yet.. I'm gonna try and keep 'em in box as long as I can.. I am tempted though :)

3. JapanRL

JapanRL Junior Member

My set arrived here yesterday.
    They look great. I hope the line gets to continue

Sebastiaan likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Sebastiaan and shortfuse like this.
  5. Sebastiaan

It looks neat, but the angle of the photo doesn't reveal that much. Am I right in saying it looks like she touched up the eyes and hair too?

6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

You're very right. :)

7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i think they didn't need any work doing apart from wilykats sleeves . each to there own i guess .

8. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Has anyone from Canada received their figures yet?

9. Sebastiaan

Here's a much closer view of their faces. She did a really great job, but I prefer the current faces. I do however like the eye colour much better. A perfect match to the cartoon I'd say. And kit's hair looks cool too. Great job Celesta!
    [​IMG]

adssse and Daremonger like this.
  10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Her custom paint looks vastly superior. :D I wonder why Mattel messed up Kit's nose and lip paint.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  12. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

They didnt actually. Look at the cartoon. Her nose was white.

Mark M likes this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Strange. I must have just always assumed the nose was coloured. But after further studying the animation the nose is correct.
    I think the biggest problem s the unpainted lip. That is indeed a mistake and really spoils the look of the face.

14. Sebastiaan

Has anybody else received their kittens? Looks like almost everybody got theirs.

15. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I got mine a while back. They look good! Just the fact that we might not see the rest blows my excitement out the door!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  16. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

We will get most of the main Thundercats at least. Lion-O and Panthro are guaranteed. I am sure most everyone that has the Bandai Classics Tygra will put him in their display. Pumyra will just have to stand in for Cheetara and I guess folks will just have to use their original Snarf. As for the bad guys, Mumm-Ra and Jackalman will be vastly outnumbered. Sucks to be them.

17. Sebastiaan

I'm already posing mine with the Bandai lot. Don't forget we have the 6" Bandai Classic Mumm-Ra as well and the 8" Red Lion-O to make the gang look a bit "fuller". Either way, I still have some hope left for at least the main cast to show up down the line a-la-Super-7!

adssse likes this.
  18. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Does anyone have the Icon Heroes Mumm-Ra? Just wondering if that would fit scale wise with the Mattel figures?

19. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I just compared the IH Mumm-Ra to the Bandai Lion-O figures and the LJN figure. The Bandai 8" looks too big and the 6" looks a little small. The original 7" LJN figure looks to be most in scale out of the three.

20. Sebastiaan

Bend the 8" figures' knees when you pose them and put the kittens on their hoverboards with stands - they'll look like a perfect match :)