Toys R Us/Entertainment Earth SDCC Exclusive Classic Lion-O figure!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Jul 1, 2011.

1. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

The World’s Greatest Toy Store® continues its profound partnership with Entertainment Earth® at this year’s annual Comic-Con International in San Diego, and will no doubt contribute to the euphoria of the participating action figure and comic book enthusiasts. In honor of the show’s forty-second year, and the company’s thrilling third year in attendance, from Wednesday, July 20 through Sunday, July 24, Toys“R”Us® will offer an extraordinary extravaganza of official San Diego Comic-Con merchandise, including toys based on characters from TRANSFORMERS, ThunderCats® and DCU vs. MOTU. Continuing last year’s magnificent merge with Entertainment Earth, every Toys“R”Us Comic-Con exclusive will be available at Entertainment Earth Booth #2343.

To help commemorate these dynamic deals from Toys“R”Us, Entertainment Earth will be hosting several exceptional events:

On Thursday, July 21, from 10 to 11:30 am, Spawn® creator and renowned toy designer Todd McFarlane of McFarlane Toys will be available to sign autographs in celebration of the Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con debut of the Halo “Master Chief Platinum” action figure. *
    On Friday, July 22, from 5 – 7 pm, Larry Kenney, who voiced the Lion-O in the classic ThunderCats® animated series will be available to sign autographs of the Classic Lion-O action figure from Bandai America Incorporated. *

Fans who are unable to attend the show can still purchase the exclusive Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con merchandise online at Toysrus.com/comiccon2011 starting Thursday, July 21. However, there is a limited number of each item, so fans should visit Entertainment Earth at booth #2343 or www.toysrus.com/comiccon2011 early to purchase the below action figures.

Toys“R”Us Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con ThunderCats “Classic Lion-O” Action Figure from Bandai America Incorporated

“ThunderCats, Hooo!” Lion-O, the leader of the ThunderCats, is presented in a new, highly-detailed 8-inch action figure with 18 points of articulation and a metallic finish in this recreation of his classic 1980s action hero look. Now collectors can imagine taking on the evil forces of the mutants of Plun-Darr and Mumm-Ra the Ever Living with accessories that include the iconic Sword of Omens (in two sizes), Claw Shield and the Sword stand.

http://www.thundercatslair.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/BAI-SDCC-Lion-O.jpg
    http://www.thundercatslair.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/sdcc-box.jpg

2. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I'm going to be ready to buy Lion-O online on the 21st!! I assume the sword stand is exclusive to this deal (SDCC) since I haven't seen it with the Classic Lion-O before...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  3. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

oh yea baby....

Check out that box!!!!!!

All the new released stuff is scary!!! Ill need a few of everything, lol

4. blackiecats

Yes I believe the difference between this and the regular retail release is the metallic finish on the figure and accessories (and of course the addition of the Sword stand)

I'm looking to get info on price point and whether this will be available outside the USA ;)

5. Lody666

Lody666 Berbill

So this can be ordered from TRU online on the 21st?

6. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Vortex Explorer

Price point is $40.00 US per Entertainment Earth Website:

Purchase Info:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  7. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

He also seems to have his muscle lines painted along with shades on his hair and boots.

8. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Vortex Explorer

Base is more accurate than I thought. Makes me wonder what other cool accessories could come out later.

[​IMG]

9. daroga

daroga Moleman

$40? Doesn't that seem a bit excessive for the first-sale prices? I mean, I understand if resellers start selling them for a huge price because of the limited availability. But I'm really surprised that it's going to be that pricey right from TRU.

10. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

$40? That's just a bit more than £20... I can't find that expensive!

Or just UK prices are simply ridiculous.

11. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

12. daroga

daroga Moleman

right, that's why I was a bit surprised at the price. More than double the price for the same figure wit a little bit different paint job and a stand for the sword?

13. blackiecats

$40 would be around £30 ;) I guess if you buy 2 or more, you get free shipping according to the website (orders over $49 ship free)

I don't think Toy R Us ship outside North America though :( So it will probably mean eBay for most folk who are in the UK/Europe.

14. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

It's going for 70$ on Ebay, shipping included. Any idea how many TRU.com will have?

15. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

:confused: I'm a little confused. It's exclusive to their booth at ComicCon but you can also purchase it from a limited supply online for $40 if you can't attend, but then they're going to be sold later in Toys R Us Stores? Why buy it early if it's going to be sold later in the stores?

16. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

From my understanding it's going to be only available at Comic Con and ToysRus.com. What the TRU stores are getting is the normal Classics figure with less accesories.

17. Yea, i checked the toys r us uk store and no mention of these. Also the US toys r us store dont ship outside the states. Again more injustice to the UK buyers. Disgraceful.

18. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

Calm down, There's no mention of them on the US Store either. they aren't available yet.

19. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

This are most likely going to be available in the US only. If otherwise, the international TRU websites should've also posted the announcement.

20. daroga

daroga Moleman

Has there been any word WHEN this will go up on Toysrus.com? Like midnight? Just during the day sometime on the 21st?