Toys R Us/Entertainment Earth SDCC Exclusive Classic Lion-O figure!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by blackiecats, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

being that the Con starts on the 21st, they probably wont be up on TRU's website until the 25th at the earliest, more than likely it wont even be that soon

2. daroga

daroga Moleman

The Press Release said the 21st:

3. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

When's it going to be on sale?

4. Bladecollector

Bladecollector Moleman

I hope I get a chance to pick one of these up. I wish I could go to comic-con next year, a friend of mine is going this year. I have the 2010 SDCC Lion-O.

5. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

I almost thought of getting this figure, but the paint washes kind of turned me off.

6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'd be online early in the morning. I know MOTUC usually go up for sale around 9am PT time, so I'd play by there...

7. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  8. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

9. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Got my two as well. Don't want to take a chance that my local TRU doesn't get it.

10. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

If I read it right, no matter the price, any SDCC item has free shipping. But there is also free shipping on any order over $75.00 (excluding video game systems, games, and accessories).

11. AlexofThundera

Yeah I read it wrong as I was in a hurry to order it here at work :D

12. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

FYI: 2 of the 7 items currently listed have sold out, the Star Wars Delta Squad and Rodimus. So the other items (including Lion-O) could sell out any time now.

FYI #2: Apparently the Faker vs Bizzaro (MOTUC vs DC Universe) was delayed going to Toys R Us, and therefore won't be listed yet. It will be listed whenever the shipment arrives, which could be 3 weeks.

13. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

As of 2pm eastern Lion-O is still availbable. Ordered mine right now.

14. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Got mine ordered via a friend :)

15. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

as much as i really want the chrome sword and think the metallic paint job is awesome, i cant really justify paying more than double the price of the regular version. i can wait.

16. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I'm not a huge fan of how they painted the edges of his muscles and stuff darker. the way they did it just makes it look dirty. Like Lion-O hasn't taken his thunder-shower in a few weeks.

17. AlexofThundera

It's out of stock now on the TRU website.

I like the metallic paint job. Wish they would do more of those like Kenner did with FlashBack (SilverHawks) back in the day.

Are you going by the pics posted on Thundercats.ws? That may just be the prototype or demo copy and not a true example of how the finished product looks.

18. Bladecollector

Bladecollector Moleman

I didn't get one, since it was more of an action figure I didn't go for it, I got last years SDCC statue.

19. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Well, I guess I got lucky that a friend offered to give me a hand to order it. X3

20. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I've heard TRU is only alotting so many items at a time so that everyone has a chance. So if you haven't gotten it yet, keep checking. Rodimus was sold out, then available, then sold out, then available, then sold out again.