'Transformers: The Movie' To Get 30th Anniversary BluRay Release

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have had PS3 for 5years now and I still do not own a single Blu-Ray LOL. I might get this. ;)
    Interestingly I recently read the original marvel comic adaption of the movie. There are some little things that they used from the original script and some scenes they either changed or totally emitted.
    Two interesting notes from the comic are Hotrod not being involved in the fight between Optimus Prime and Megatron and secondly Ultra Magnus having the Matrix taken from him in a more brutal manner in the movie.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Daremonger and Wilycub like this.
  4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I recall reading somewhere that Orson Welles didn't particularly like being a part of this "toy movie", as he called it. :)

Daremonger likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's correct. He also died during the recording of it. It is rumoured Lenard Nemoy finished his dialogue.
    I love this movie. I have such fond memories of discovering it. I had heard about it when I was young but I found the VHS by chance one Saturday in 2000 when I was in High School and I just had to buy it. :D

Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm excited Transformers: The Movie is getting a Blu-ray release. I hope Shout! Factory will give us the option of viewing it in widescreen or fullscreen. :)

7. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I will def be picking this up. The first blue ray for my 80's cartoon collection, I can only hope more will follow.

8. Daremonger

Check this out, you guys:

9. Booshman

I'm very glad they are including the fullscreen version.

It's a shame they don't have the international scrolling text intro as an option, or even just as an extra to view on it's own. I always like the "Optimus Prime will return!" from the end of the VHS too.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think I will definitely have to get this.

11. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

They going to feature the scenes where Ultra Magnus swears and when Spike says the S word? XD

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Daremonger

Yep.

13. Daremonger

Here's the official trailer for the 30th-anniversary Blu-ray:

14. mumm_ra_n_rana

Whoa, that is some high definition quality right there. Does this mean they fixed all the animation errors?

Daremonger likes this.
  15. Daremonger

We won't know for sure unless we pick up the Blu-ray on September 13th.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

I don't own a blue-ray player so I will have to find out from those who do.

17. Booshman

I hope not. I hate it when they alter films from their original version like that.

The "first time ever on bluray", is a bold claim. I realise it's the first time for the US, but I've had it in bluray for more than five years. This print looks a marked improvement though, can't wait to check out the full screen version.

Mark M likes this.
  18. mumm_ra_n_rana

they tried to do that with transformers series dvds in the past and they created more errors than they fixed!

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wonder if they will try and digitally place Snarl in more scenes. ;)

20. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I got my copy and I'm a bit disappointed with the packaging. Its not bad but it feels like it needed some more art as the overall case is pretty plain. The cover should have been embossed and they could have added some additional artwork on the inside. Any thoughts on the packaging?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016