'Transformers: The Movie' To Get 30th Anniversary BluRay Release

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Personally I would have liked to have seen some of the older original promotional cover art work used.

Lord LionO likes this.
  2. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I agree, nothing beats the original artwork and it would have been ideal. Imagine if they used original artwork AND embossed it on a steal book!

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Some of those older hand painted and airbrushed art VHS covers looked amazing. I actually have this book collecting the packaging art work, some of which was used for the VHS covers.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transforme...d=1475227568&sr=8-1&keywords=transformers+art

4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It is. :D Although I was annoyed that they covered all the 1984 - mid 90's Transformers art work with only a couple exceptions...most notably Jetfire (Skyfire in the cartoon). Sadly however his omission from the book is due to a legal action from Harmony Gold, what with them owning the Robotech Valkyrie design. :(
    Once I get hang of using my airbrush I would love to try and recreate a piece in the classic Transformers style.
    Here is another book I have you might enjoy. ;)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-V...1475253407&sr=8-1&keywords=transformers+guide

6. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Mark M likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The author Mark Bellomo has some other really good books on toys.

8. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Yeah, I heard a few podcasts with him and watched a couple of you tube vids with him as well. He really know his stuff, I"ll def check out that book. I also picked up the MOTU artbook which is also top notch. Only wish I could have picked up a Visionaries artbook but I missed the boat on that one.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The MOTU book is really good.
    Two other books really worth checking out are the TMNT Artobiography and TMNT Visual History. Both are really excellent.

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Mark M likes this.