TRG's eBAY Watch

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Jun 29, 2015.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I saw those Mezco's earlier and immediately thought of you TRG! Time to black out and make another purchase?

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

HAHAHA! Well, I'd love to have them, but the price is a bit steep and the shipping + import charges to Holland would add another $130.. So they are awesome, but I cant spend $480 on em... my wife would knock me out :)

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I completely understand! Oh if money wasn't an issue what would we do haha

4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

CUSTOM FELINER

I came across this listing and thought I'd share with you all. It's interesting in the fact that I don't really see much resemblance between this custom and the actual Feliner. Actually it reminds me of a spaceship that I saw in a "Mighty Mouse" cartoon! :)
    [​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya I am not sure what they were thinking with that Feliner, but I can appreciate the thought!

Wilycub likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Interesting.

7. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Aaaaand we're back! I'dlike to point out an auction for a:
    VINTAGE RARE THUNDERCATS HORRORIFIC MUMM-RA BOOTLEG ACTION FIGURE MADE IN MEXICO
    If you like bootlegs and want a great one for your collection, this is the one to get! I own one and love it. Slap a LJN Mumm-Ra headdres on this badboy an he's perfect!

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Some of those bootlegs are hilarious!

9. Wilycub

I do recall seeing that in your collection, TRG. :) It is quite different (and probably a bit taller?) from the LJN Mumm-Ra. I think apart from the head and torso, everything else is a different sculpt. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see a pic of this and the LJN Mumm-Ra side by side for comparison! ;)

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and Mark M like this.
  10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Yes, probably 8", maybe more!

11. Wilycub

That's pretty big! :00 When I first saw it in your collection, I thought that perhaps it was a Coin Bank, like the Lion-O one or maybe a Bubble Bath Bottle. :)

If and when you ever get time, please do post a pic of it and the LJN Mumm-Ra side-by-side. Pretty please! :)

12. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Here you go, buddy:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Wilycub

Thank you so much, my friend! It's great to see the LJN Mumm-Ra next to his taller Mexican cousin! :)

14. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Es gigantesco y muy pálido! :)

thezaxfactor likes this.
  15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That would actually be much closer to cartoon accurate with the LJN line size wise.

16. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Anyone see this wax slithee prototype?
    Thundercats Slithee Figure Clay Sculpt Wax Master Silicone Mold Prototype Series
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I was just coming here to post this myself. That would be amazing to own! What a great piece of history. I wonder what something like that actually goes for.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  18. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I have no idea what something like that actually goes for but I wouldnt pay more than four to five grand, and that is if I'm even interested. The sellers 65 grand is waaaay over the top.

19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, 65 grand is ridiculous. I am assuming they just put an astronomical price to disuade casual bidders? I know I could never afford it, but really enjoyed looking at the listing. It makes me wonder who the seller is and how they came into these items.

Wilycub likes this.
  20. Wilycub

I was coming here to post this myself! :) I agree with you about the price. It is way too high. But there is quite a bit of stuff included in the lot. The Clay sculpture, the wax sculpture, all the silicone molds for the figure including the molds for the Axe. I don't know what the "right" price would be for all of these one-of-a-kind items but it would be significantly high. Still, I don't think I could afford to pay 65 grand in ten lifetimes!

The seller mentioned in the description that he bought it directly from the original sculptor, whose name he did not mention. :)