TRG's eBAY Watch

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

This is awesome and really depressing to me at the same time. So sad to think about how this stuff is parted out and sold off. No way I'd be letting stuff like this go if i was a relative, Thundercats fan or not.

Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean. :)

3. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Vortex Explorer

What's really terrible is that this guy picked it up for less than 300 bucks at Starr's estate sale.
    Other items we all missed out on are original Nosediver art, skycutter art, and LJN Thundertank blueprints.
    They also sold storyboards of "ThunderCats intro" .. the quick synopsis video "Cheetara the quick, Jaga the wise.. etc"
    All these items were estimated 700-800 bucks but sold no more than 150-200 each.

I've been collecting pre-prodcution art for a while trying to get everything together for a book if Mattel and Darkhorse ever decide to go the He-Man art book route. It's painful to see these scattered.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A Thundercats art book would be awesome.

5. Blackwing

Blackwing Berbill

I met Mr. Starr at a comic convention years ago. I gave him a letter explaining how very grateful I was for his work on thundercats, and how his work had such an impact on me as a kid. He was very humble and maybe even a little surprised that the kid in me from 1985 would be thanking him. If there ever was an art book, I would happily donate my print material collection but I really think there should be more focus on creators of the show, they truly molded and formed what we love so much.

Mark M and adssse like this.
  6. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Thundercats Ram-Pagers MAD BUBBLER Custom Prototype Hombre X Lulu Berlu 12 Made

[​IMG]

Mark M likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That looks amazing.

8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Looks very well done! I can't say I have ever had a strong desire for a Mad Bubbler myself. I know the absolute rarity and prestige of owning a prototype of one must be outstanding, but I guess it always felt built up by collectors.

Quickjaws likes this.
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I remember reading a magazine in 98 that claimed some were made and released in Europe. I was quite disappointed when I found out that wasn't true.

10. Wilycub

This would really look cool in someone's collection room! :)
    Thundercats Life Size Lion-O Display (Ex Hamleys Display)

[​IMG]

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That is awesome. :D

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I might put a bid on this LOL. ;) I have it on watch just for curiosity to see what it sells for.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Wilycub likes this.
  13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Wow, life sized? That's crazy but cool

14. Wilycub

I found this to be funny and cool at the same time! :) And there's also a Mumm-Ra, Monkian and Jackalman as well.
    Custom Two Headed Lion-O Complete with weapons

[​IMG]

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  15. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Flawless execution!

Wilycub likes this.
  16. Wilycub

I agree! The custom work is very nice. Wish I was that skilled! :(

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Haha I saw those today and immediately thought of this thread! Very odd but entertaining.

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

After seeing your art work, I bet if you had a go it would come out a lot better than theirs. Pretty messy join, should have been filled and sanded to cover the join better. And since they were painting the chest. they could have gone to the trouble of sorting out the paint rub on the nose.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  19. Wilycub

I found this piece rather odd and so am sharing it here. As far as I know, "Unitoys" did produce a WilyKat figure as part of their miniature line, but it was a completely different sculpt and was called "Felino". This item looks like it's the LJN PVC WilyKat figure (that came together with some Tygra figures), packed on the Unitoys card. Thoughts??

Thundercats vintage

[​IMG]

20. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

MATTEL 2016 SDCC exclusive THUNDERCATS lair WILYKAT WILYKIT 2 pack SPACEBOARDS
    $104 shipped. he has 3