TRG's eBAY Watch

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Jun 29, 2015.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

That is interesting. I wonder if there was extra stock that was sent to Unitoys and they simply packaged them up. It certainly doesn't appear to be opened/altered.

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That would be my guess too. It doesn't look like the package was opened and then re-sealed. And since the PVC WilyKat was never made by any South American toy companies that made TCats, it most likely could be, like you said, that extra stock that was sent to Unitoys. :)

3. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I have been talking to the seller...something seems odd about this one...I am not sure this is what it being portrayed as. I know "a bit" about the Unitoys, and this doesn't fit any known information. Leftover LJN figures were not shipped there as new, there is a conflict of interest. Unitoys, playful, glasslite all had licenses to sell thundercats, I promise they wouldn't want anyone else dipping in thier cool-aid. Just my 2c take it or leave it lol

4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

This is an LJN figure resealed on a Unitoys miniature card and blister. It's absolutly, 100% fake.

Wilycub likes this.
  5. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I wondered when someone other than me was going to chime in and say something lol

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  6. Wilycub

Thanks for clearing that out. We don't call you the toy guru for no reason! :thumbsup

7. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Thundercats luna-lasher mumm-ra &thunderwing lion-o
    Ebay Auction 252446585544
    $2000

[​IMG]

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and Wilycub like this.
  8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

$1000 a piece...thats a bit steep, isnt it? Or is this now the going rate? :00

9. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

There is a seller asking 800 for a complete TW Lion-O. A complete LL Mumm-Ra sold for 750 not that long ago. If I was going to price this set I would say 1200 would be good. 550 a piece and 100 premium for being able to get both at once. Of course cheaper is better

10. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Also, if you are a collector looking to add these to your collection, patience is the name of the game. Be patient and buy a really nice example, they do show up and are about the same cost as much poorer examples (it's the desire to own the "hoily grail") I advise staying away from either of them if they are yellowing, you can always find one that isn't yellowing- it comes back to being patient.

Wilycub likes this.
  11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

So the going rate for a Thunderwings Lion-O is $550? What would be a good price for the figure without the wings? (Or is that estimate without?)

12. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

I feel like that should be the complete price.

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ok, what is everyone's opinion on a loose/incomplete Thunderwings? What would be a reasonable price?

14. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I think a mint-ish TW Lion-O with ThunderWings should/could fetch $400 to $500.
    The ThunderWing itself is a terrible toy and if I were to buy a complete one loose, I wouldnt pay more than $30 for it. I've sold multiple TW's for even less. I hate that thing, its so crummy :) So an incomplete one would be anywhere between $10 and $30, depending on how bad you need it.

15. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Got one for sale now, I need one to add to my collection :)

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  16. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

I'll have a look and PM you. If I have one it'll be a boxed one..

17. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

These prices have really sky rocketed! I remember these going for around $200 tops, I wouldnt pay any more for a loose version of these.

Wilycub likes this.
  18. Wilycub

i hear you buddy. Prices for TCats toys just seem to climb at an exponential rate, far more than any other vintage toyline I believe. If you quickly browse through EBay right now, an "Astral Moat Monster with box" is going for $1000, "Tongue-a-saurus without Box" is priced at $750 and "Thunderwings Lion-O Complete" is also selling at $750. Even the prices of MOC figures have increased substantially.

19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

This auction comes from our buddy Mcaseres!
    ThunderCats lot Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra lot all moc sealed carded ljn
    [​IMG]

"Here we have a lot of all 4 carded original Thundercats heroes- Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara and Tygra. All four cats are mint on the card and will come in a protective zoloworld case. This is a chance to get all four heroes in one lot! These do not come around very often. I have been collecting ThunderCats for 19 years and I have never seen the original four heroes offered on the card in one single auction. Whether you are just starting to collect ThunderCats or have aready complied a collection, this is the lot for you! These figures have been cared for, been kept away from the sun, and been stored in protective cases. The cards on these figures are not flawless by any means, but they all display great, and are a wonderful set. Lion-O has a crystal clear bubble with no yellowing. There are a couple of dents in the bubble, but cant be noticed when displayed. There is a little cardboard rip at the top left corner near the cat logo, and there is wearing on the bottom left and right corners. With that said, he looks absolutely great in a case. Panthro is in a crystal clear bubble as well. The hanging tab is missing and there are also a few wringles in the cardboard. There is also a dent on the top of the bubble. Still displays great in the case. Cheetara is the Childbro version. The bubble has a slight yellow tint, and there is a hairline crack the the top right of the bubble. There ius a little wear around the perimeter of the card, but the card lays flat and displays great. The Tygra is a rare piece that I have rarely seen. It is the toy options version, with a black handled whip. The whip is also the short version. The bubble has a slight yellow tint to it, but the card is flat and it also displays great. I have sen someone recently offer this piece with a price of 700 alone! For now, I am offering this lot with free shipping in the US. If you are an international bidder and serious about buying, please message me and perhaps we can work something out. All serious offers will be considered and dont miss out on your chance to own the great lot of core ThunderCats characters! "

Mark M likes this.
  20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I might see about putting a bid on this. :D