TRG's eBAY Watch

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by ThunDerianRoyalGuard, Jun 29, 2015.

1. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Looks like a pretty poor repaint job.

jabus likes this.
  2. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

yeah saw that the other day. The seller says it looks like someone painted it and wasnt sure about its origin.

3. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

I found it to be quite hilarious and hideous. And their "story" is even better.

4. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Can imagine someone looking for these, so:

Thundercats PANTHRO FIGURE TOY Mcdonalds 5" TALL 2013

$9.99

[​IMG]

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I have one of these. They are kinda neat. A button on the back spins the nunchucks.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  6. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Good deal for lynx-o

7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

So it turns out that although this does contain some notes from Thundercats it was actually for another show Leonard Starr was working on concepts for at the time. Still very cool, but not quite what it is billed to be.

Wilycub and ThunDerianRoyalGuard like this.
  8. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Really? How did you find out? I've been following this listing for as long as its up, though I never asked any questions about it. I do like it very much, but as you said, it's lost a bit of umph now :)

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I was in contact with one of Leonard's old friends who gave me the details. He said he contacted the seller but they have been unwilling to change the listing details.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  10. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

Very cool!

Thats garbage! Do you know what show these were for?

11. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I think it was something to do with Wolves. I can't remember the title, it was "Wolf-(something)". I have also read the comments made by that friend of Leonard Starr on DeviantArt. He pointed out that that sketchbook had almost nothing about ThunderCats. All the sketches were for that Wolf show which Leonard was working on for Rankin/Bass I think.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, I believe it was to be called "Wolfmark".

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  13. Wilycub

Yes, that's the one! Thanks adssse! :)

adssse likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wonder what Wolfmark would have bene about. At a guess I would assume wolves, werewolves or anthromorphic wolves.

15. Wilycub

I'm guessing it was about anthromorphic wolves, but there were a host of other sketches there too. I remember seeing a Kangaroo-like steed, a scary clown and some robots too. :)

adssse likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Sounds interesting already. :D

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

From his friends opinion it was going to be very interesting and Leonard was very excited about it.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  18. Wilycub

Too bad Rankin/Bass ditched this and went with SilverHawks and TigerSharks instead.

Mark M likes this.
  19. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I enjoy SH & TS, but really like Starr's work and would like to find out more about Wolfmark. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything.

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Probably because with it being Starr's idea he would have more creative control, own rights etc. and make more money.