Tyrese Gibson in talks?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by JimmyP$Hayes, Jul 28, 2008.

1. JimmyP$Hayes

JimmyP$Hayes Active Member

2. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

It's mentioned that he is very involved in getting the series to the big screen and that a deal is nearly complete... that's good to know. :cool:

3. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Just got this from my source within WB:

Wanted to pass the info along. :) I know he was interviewed by a reliable site, but this email was sent to me...not telling anyone to believe my info over others, but time will tell.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  4. nickmills

nickmills Multimedia Guru TC.org Staff

I thought it was a bit random of Tyrese Gibson being in the movie...

...He's not exactly someone I'd see as a Thundercat or a mutant at all. I've only seen him in two movies - 2 Fast 2 Furious and Transformers. The second choice, I completely forgot he was in. The first? He was good for that role but I don't necessarily see him as a good voice or anything like that, especially for something like Thundercats.

5. Mark / Grizzlor

He was a soldier in Transformers right? I don't even know what his role was. :confused:

6. nickmills

nickmills Multimedia Guru TC.org Staff

Me neither. But I'm sure it was nothing compared to Jon Voight going 'dear god' and running around with a shotgun therefore giving me wonderful memories of Deliverance. Awesome. :D

7. JimmyP$Hayes

JimmyP$Hayes Active Member

Hey, he sounds like he wants this movie to happen as much as the rest of us, which isn't a bad thing. If it turns out to be true or not, as long as the movie gets made and it's good, I'll be happy.
    -I think he could do a competent job if voicing. And yes, he was a soldier in the Transformers movie.

8. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

If Tyrese is in this movie he might be actually be made into a ThunderCat along with providing the voice for his character!(ala Beowulf).

I think WB might get real actors to fill roles of characters for the movie,but made by CG!
    Who would your cast be?

9. Mark / Grizzlor

Just a clarification on the email I received: my source did not deny that Tyrese might eventually be in the movie; rather, the interview he did with ComingSoon.net was a bit premature since the production of the movie has not moved into the casting phase yet. His agent sent a reel for the production team to look over and that's pretty much the extent of his involvement thus far.

In other words, he isn't confirmed to be in the film, but he has every bit of a chance to have a part once that phase of the film starts. He just exaggerated his role in the movie a tad in the interview. :)

10. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I actually like this bit of news, he could definately play Panthro IMO. :)

11. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

i hope Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen end up playing Wily-Kit and Kat :eek:

and John Stamos as Lion-O with his flowing Full House main of hair. it'll be rad!

12. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

And Bob Saget could play Vultureman.