UK Comic Characters

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by Like-a-lion-o, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Like-a-lion-o

Like-a-lion-o Junior Member

I remember a fact file in the old UK Thundercats comic of a couple of snow leopard Thundercats that were living on Hook Mountain. Can anyone tell me their names, I can't remember them.

Thanks all.

2. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Wow, good question/trivia; that sounds like a question for He-Fan (Chris).

3. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

If I remember correctly, they were brother and sister..I think I have the issue, I'll look it up when I get home from work..

Justin

4. Like-a-lion-o

Yeah that's them, if I remember right she was gifted in the sciences and he was a natural athlete that tested out all her new inventions, I just can't remember there names. Thanks for the help if you could let me know the issue numbedr too that would be awesome.

5. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Celesta! :thumbsup:

However, I'm embarrassed to admit that the issue of the UK comic that these characters' fact file appeared in is one of the ones I'm missing - I just went to look them up on my friend Angie's (Purrsia's) site, www.purrsiathunder.org, as all of the UK comic fact files are hosted over there, and discovered that the content of the site is temporarily down - doh! :duh:

However, from hazy memory, I think they were the result of some sort of UK comics "create-a-character" contest - I don't recall them ever being used in a UK comics story, and I have most of the UK comics that contain original stories - most of the issues I'm missing are those that contain reprinted US Star Comics material, so I'm willing to bet that these two characters' fact file appeared in one of those issues! :)

Take care... :)

6. I don't seem to have the fact file issue, but I do have the UK issuse that has them in a story. Their names are Professor Growlinsky which is the woman and her brother's name is Leoperra. It's not clear if they are Thunderians as Lion-O asked them because she says "It doesn't matter where I come from. I am a scientist. My brother Leoperra and I live to the north of Hook Mountain." This text story was from issue #90 in the Thundercats U.K. comics.

The name of the story is "Kingdom of the Ice Cats"

Enjoy :)

7. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Thanks for that, that is amazing info! :thumbsup: And yep, those are the characters I'm thinking of! :)

Take care... :)

8. Like-a-lion-o

Yes they're the ones I meant. I don't remember the story but I do remeber the fact file, probably didn't read it, there were a few I didn't read at the time. Thanks for the help.

9. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

The Fact File is from issue No 56. The characters were the result of a Designer ThunderCats Competition from issue No 39. Someone called Craig Simmons was the winner of the competition, so Prof. Growlinski & Leoperra are his creations.

Fact File details:

Name: Professor Growlinski
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 119 lbs
    Eyes: Red
    Hair: Blonde & White, Black Spots

Name: Leoperra
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 140 lbs
    Eyes: Red
    Hair: White, Black Spots

I'll try to post a scan soon.

Justin

10. Oh son of a b***ch! I do have that issue! I didn't see the fact file listed in the index so that is why I missed it. From the fact file, they are Thunderians that came to Third Earth on some kind of Thunderian Ark. They were able to climb into an escape pod and flee the ark as the Mutants destroyed the ark. They landed on Third Earth. Folks, if I was able to get my computer working, I would also scan this and the text story. I have to use my PS3 to access the internet so doing all of the fun niffty things are pretty much on hold till I fix my computer....rotten power supply died and I don't have the blasted 6.3amp ceramic fuse to fix it. Radio Shack doesn't have it. *queen lynxana cries

Hey folks, if you are looking for a Christmas present for me, I would love a 6.3 amp ceramic fuse that is 5mm x 20mm.....Please help me before my husband decides to tinker with it as he just said he could circumvent it and bipass the fuse with a peice of wire...they have fuses for a reason!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009